The Student Room Group
it normally will have your account number and sort code. Check your bank statement becuase it may be there.
NatWest Statements do have that information on them but not sure of Lloyds. You could give em a buzz today and ask...
Reply 2
natweststaffmember
it normally will have your account number and sort code. Check your bank statement becuase it may be there.
NatWest Statements do have that information on them but not sure of Lloyds. You could give em a buzz today and ask...

Yeah, I know my sort code and account number, the only thing I'm lacking is the first code, which is some form of the name I think.. Like Barclays is BARC. So I'm guessing it'll be something like LLOY, but I just want to be certain..
EvilSheep
Yeah, I know my sort code and account number, the only thing I'm lacking is the first code, which is some form of the name I think.. Like Barclays is BARC. So I'm guessing it'll be something like LLOY, but I just want to be certain..

You have misread my quote. I said, is it on your BANK STATEMENT?
I then suggested ringing them, does that help?
Reply 4
I did not misread it. I don't have a bank statement... And no credit on my phone, which is why I went on here to see whether anyone knew. If no one does, I will go down to the branch tomorrow.
No need for talking to me like I'm 5..
EvilSheep
I did not misread it. I don't have a bank statement... And no credit on my phone, which is why I went on here to see whether anyone knew. If no one does, I will go down to the branch tomorrow.
No need for talking to me like I'm 5..

on an internet forum all I can read is words that is written by you and others. Those words can be read by another person as patronising/funny/sarcastic or rude. It is how you read it that counts. On banking, I try to lower it to its most basic unit so as not to jargonise a post and overcomplicate a situation.
Re read your posts and mine. You hadn't mentioned no credit on phone and no bank statements. Lloyds own website states "bank statement". I don't think it is on the online banking either(cos I used a google search, something I do a lot at times on other banks and other issues I come across) but that is another avenue to go down, otherwise take your own advise and pop to the branch tomorrow if it is not urgent.
Reply 6
natweststaffmember
on an internet forum all I can read is words that is written by you and others. Those words can be read by another person as patronising/funny/sarcastic or rude. It is how you read it that counts. On banking, I try to lower it to its most basic unit so as not to jargonise a post and overcomplicate a situation.
Re read your posts and mine. You hadn't mentioned no credit on phone and no bank statements. Lloyds own website states "bank statement". I don't think it is on the online banking either(cos I used a google search, something I do a lot at times on other banks and other issues I come across) but that is another avenue to go down, otherwise take your own advise and pop to the branch tomorrow if it is not urgent.

I understand that, that's fair enough.
However if we are picking apart replies here, what has and hasn't been said, then you didn't actually answer the question I asked. I did not ask where I could find the IBAN number, I asked whether anyone knew what it was. (And yes I know that no one but me can know my account number etc.)
My understanding is that the IBAN may be branch specific but there is an APACS checker so that if someone does bank with Lloyds they could post up the first 8 alphanumeric characters and you could check that here......

http://www.apacs.org.uk/payments_industry/ibans_4.html#
Reply 8
EvilSheep
I understand that, that's fair enough.
However if we are picking apart replies here, what has and hasn't been said, then you didn't actually answer the question I asked. I did not ask where I could find the IBAN number, I asked whether anyone knew what it was. (And yes I know that no one but me can know my account number etc.)

Aww that's annoying, Barclays let me generate mine electronically. There's a bit more data other than just the "BARC" code bit, like a branch code and stuff like that.

I checked the Lloyds site as I'm sure you did and annoyingly they don't even tell you HOW to make your IBAN :frown: If it's not urgent as in need it today, any chance you could pop into your local branch sometime this week? They'll be able to help I'm sure :-)

Edit: Just generated my Barclays one again to check and there definitely is a branch/bank code number there too in addition to BARC.
Reply 9
natweststaffmember
My understanding is that the IBAN may be branch specific but there is an APACS checker so that if someone does bank with Lloyds they could post up the first 8 alphanumeric characters and you could check that here......

http://www.apacs.org.uk/payments_industry/ibans_4.html#

Reply 10
suek
Aww that's annoying, Barclays let me generate mine electronically. There's a bit more data other than just the "BARC" code bit, like a branch code and stuff like that.

I checked the Lloyds site as I'm sure you did and annoyingly they don't even tell you HOW to make your IBAN :frown: If it's not urgent as in need it today, any chance you could pop into your local branch sometime this week? They'll be able to help I'm sure :-)

Edit: Just generated my Barclays one again to check and there definitely is a branch/bank code number there too in addition to BARC.

Thanks Sue, it's not urgent urgent, but I'd like to get it asap, so yeah, I will be popping down tomorrow!

Latest