The Student Room Group
Jesus...it's like £13 each for ours...though I'm still in A levels.

Maybe it's because you're sitting as a private candidate now? Though I really can't see why its that much....
Reply 2
tell me about it, madness!! even private at some other colleges is 50 pounds and my own college is charging me 75 pounds
Reply 3
look around all the schools and colleges in you area and ask. Be prepared to pay higher prices if you are taking less popular boards like OCR. One comprehensive i looked at last year charged about 25 quid a unit for Edexcel but 50 quid a unit for OCR.
Reply 4
its wrong, thats a lie, am doing exactly what you are doin 2modules, and working all year, and i only need to pay £15i think, am atually getting one of them paid for lol
Reply 5
it used to be £15 but now its £30
jacy_babi
it used to be £15 but now its £30

I think it only doubles if you don't meet the resit-payment deadline. Ours is... tomorrow? I paid for a resit only last week and it cost me £15 (AQA).
Damn it. It costs £17.50 at my college.

Sorry I can't help you, but sheesh. Why is life always so ****.
Reply 8
Dentro
its wrong, thats a lie, am doing exactly what you are doin 2modules, and working all year, and i only need to pay £15i think, am atually getting one of them paid for lol

some schools charge an "admin fee" for taking on candidates not enrolled at their school .This admin fee usually makes up the inflated price
Reply 9
My college has a one off £50 fee to enter as an independant candidate and then its £20 for each retake. So thats £70 for one exam but its cheaper after that, still doesnt make it better.

They were £20 while I was in college. The £20 goes up to £30 or £40 if you miss a particular deadline too...
Reply 10
You should've signed back up to resit Yr.13 and then you wouldn't have to pay anything. You would still be classed as a student but you wouldn't have to go in.
Reply 11
Yeah, my college wanted £50 for each subject, on top of the £15 resit fee...
Reply 12
wow did you pay it?
Reply 13
Nah.

I've already got an offer from a decent university - although I am not entirely happy with it, hence why I wanted to resit and go through the UCAS process again. But now, I think I may just leave it :p:
Reply 14
myt aswell resit and go for the best why take 2nd best when you can always achieve better :smile:
Reply 15
I guess, but I reckon many unis would be put off by resits (my teacher also said as much). Besides, the exams don't take place until June, leaving me in a bit of a limbo - I mean, I could end up much worse than the offer I have now...
i just paid £260 for 4 modules :o:

ripped off big time but i needed it urgently
Regarding UCAS applications, are your referee's putting your achieved grades on your reference. My referee is putting my grades on my reference and I'm not sure how I feel about this. Is it a good or a bad thing?
Reply 18
jacy_babi
Regarding UCAS applications, are your referee's putting your achieved grades on your reference. My referee is putting my grades on my reference and I'm not sure how I feel about this. Is it a good or a bad thing?

If you're resitting, your grades should be "pending"...
Reply 19
i paid £15 for each re-sit....

Latest