The Student Room Group

Feeling sick a lot..

Hey guys,

I'm feeling sick a lot.. and i've got no idea why! A few examples: on wednesday i was at the cinema with a friend, and then totally randomly at the end of the film i was suddenly feeling awful and had my head over the toilet..Friday at work, the same thing.. and this morning i've felt soooo sick too! Generally i'd say for the majority of the day i'm absolutely fine, feel fine etc.. so i just don't know what it is..

I thought it might be freshers flu or something like that initially.. but this has gone on for over a week now.. and the weird sicky feeling just isn't subsiding..

I should probably add (being female and all :p:) that i'm not pregnant. And i know i should go to the docs.. but i don't want to turn up with something so small, when i've got like no other symptoms or anything.. it's very strange!! :frown:
Reply 1
dani_88
And i know i should go to the docs.. but i don't want to turn up with something so small, when i've got like no other symptoms or anything.. it's very strange!! :frown:

That's hardly the attitude to take when concerning your health. For your sake, go see a doctor.
DominF
That's hardly the attitude to take when concerning your health. For your sake, go see a doctor.

This.
Reply 3
I had nausea for 3 weeks and went to the doctor not long ago - he said it's probably just an infection but decided to prescribe me gaviscon haha cos it might have been an acid problem. It wasn't, but it went away on its own. He would have done blood tests though had it continued, so just go to the docs.
Reply 4
Could it be stress? I know when I'm worried/upset the same thing you have described happens to me.
Im currently feeling the same way as you OP, with a sick feeling that wont go away. Im not pregnant but the feeling is making me paranoid lol
I'm gonna repeat it because it's necessary - Go to the Doctors!

Also, how do you know you're not pregnant.. (if you don't mind me asking lol)?
Reply 7
Right:

EVERYONE: I will go to the doctors, of course i will, my problem just seems so small compared to a lot of other peoples - plus i'll probably get told it's a virus or something and sent on my way anyway...

Melting Sugar - definitely not pregnant because i only had my implant taken out 2 weeks ago and the last time i had sex was like the end of may..

Chooklet - i don't feel particularly stressed or anything.. :s-smilie:
Reply 8
dani_88
Right:

EVERYONE: I will go to the doctors, of course i will, my problem just seems so small compared to a lot of other peoples - plus i'll probably get told it's a virus or something and sent on my way anyway...

Melting Sugar - definitely not pregnant because i only had my implant taken out 2 weeks ago and the last time i had sex was like the end of may..

Chooklet - i don't feel particularly stressed or anything.. :s-smilie:

Maybe it's due to the implant being taken out?
Reply 9
Could it be low blood sugar? I get really shaky and nauseous when my blood sugar drops and it happens really fast.
Reply 10
Try an alternative remedy called Nux Vom or Nux Vomica, it's not overly expensive ad it works a treat. Think you can get it from Boots now.
dani_88
Hey guys,

I'm feeling sick a lot.. and i've got no idea why! A few examples: on wednesday i was at the cinema with a friend, and then totally randomly at the end of the film i was suddenly feeling awful and had my head over the toilet..Friday at work, the same thing.. and this morning i've felt soooo sick too! Generally i'd say for the majority of the day i'm absolutely fine, feel fine etc.. so i just don't know what it is..

I thought it might be freshers flu or something like that initially.. but this has gone on for over a week now.. and the weird sicky feeling just isn't subsiding..

I should probably add (being female and all :p:) that i'm not pregnant. And i know i should go to the docs.. but i don't want to turn up with something so small, when i've got like no other symptoms or anything.. it's very strange!! :frown:

its cos your worse than me and go out everynight ;p . that or you could be pregnant, but just not remember.
I have been feeling the same as you for the past year and two months.

Been to the doctors, had all sorts of scans/tests and to no avail. I suggest going to the doctor to make sure its nothing sinister.

I hope your problem gets sorted :smile: After all, feeling like this for over a year now isn't pleasant to say the least.

Latest