The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ssl9165
Where is the nearest Tesco or Primark in Canterbury? I've tried the city centre, the Westgate centre and Broadstairs. Any nearby or are they all in places like Ramsgate or Ashford? :frown:

Hilarious. I looked at the title on the main page without looking at the forum and instantly thought, "sounds like UKC!"

Tesco... not sure. Look it up, just type in CT2 7NX on the Store Locator.

Primark... Chatham. :rolleyes: I know, I know, but if you want Primark, be prepared to go there. That or Margate.

Asda... there's one in Canters! There's a bus that'll take you there. Not sure how often it leaves though.

:yep:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
There is a Tesco Metro near the bus station in the city centre, if that's not good enough there is bigger 24 hour Tesco near Whitstable, not sure if it's on the Triangle bus route though (bus number 4/6, depending which direction you go).
Primark, nearest is Margate (not sure why katkit mentioned Chatham, that's a bit far). You can get the train to Margate from Canterbury West station, or the number 8 bus, which goes around every half hour through the most part of the day I think. It's about a half hour/45min journey.
ASDA, there is one down Sturry Road, open 24 hours (except Saturday and Sunday). About half hour walk from the bus station, or as katkit said, there are regular buses. The number 6 (or 6A/6X) bus leaves around every 10mins at peak times and takes about 10 mins to get there. There is also the number 8 which goes via Sturry Road, so even at off peak times you won't be waiting too long for a bus.
The number 6 bus does a round trip in one direction, the number 4 goes the other way, so you will need to get the 4 back from ASDA (a return ticket bought on the 6 is still valid to get back to the bus station on the 4 or 8).

Google Maps:
Tesco
Primark
ASDA

There is also a Sainsbury's and Morrison's in Canterbury if you want details of those. And don't forget Matalan if Primark is a bit too far. It's a bit further down the road from ASDA (had to mention it, I work there :p: )
There's a Primark in Maidstone. Which isn't far from Canterbury about an hour drive.
sweetlovinchick2k1
There's a Primark in Maidstone. Which isn't far from Canterbury about an hour drive.

According to Google maps, the Margate one is 35 mins away :smile:
Kim08
According to Google maps, the Margate one is 35 mins away :smile:

Oh yea, I forgot about the Margate one!!
Reply 6
sweetlovinchick2k1
Oh yea, I forgot about the Margate one!!

Too lazy to read my long post? :rolleyes:
How did you miss Tesco in the city centre!?!? haha
Reply 8
Primark in Margate, Asda... Its bloody massive and open 24hrs, and Tesco is in the city centre. There is no longer a morrisons, is there? I thought it turned into that cheapo store.
Reply 9
Bexxxx
Primark in Margate, Asda... Its bloody massive and open 24hrs, and Tesco is in the city centre. There is no longer a morrisons, is there? I thought it turned into that cheapo store.

There's a Morrison's at Wincheap. Are you thinking of the one that used to be opposite Studio 41, now Aldi (if that even used to be Morrisons, I might have just made it up)? Or has the Wincheap one changed?
Reply 10
Rep on the way for all the above responses.

How far is it from Canterbury campus to Whitstable or Broadstairs?
sweetlovinchick2k1

An hour?! Nahhh not that far! I come from that area every day and takes about 30 - 40 minutes to drive it!
Reply 13
A housemate and I found Asda today after an hour of driving around lost.
Lots of :woo: and :mad: as its not easy to get to!

If you're gonna drive to it I suggest getting a step by step map from google...or take the bus. Much easier.
Em_maK

If you're gonna drive to it I suggest getting a step by step map from google...or take the bus. Much easier.

i don't wish to sound smug or rude, but ASDA is EXTREMELY easy to get to!

It's just left at sainsburys and you're there!!!!
Reply 15
Em_maK

An hour??? If the traffics not bad it should take only 10-15mins from UKC. Can probably walk it in about 45mins. Where did you end up getting lost?
Reply 16
hobo06
An hour??? If the traffics not bad it should take only 10-15mins from UKC. Can probably walk it in about 45mins. Where did you end up getting lost?

I wasn't driving and we had **** directions.

It may be easy to get to for you guys, but this was our first time....so whatever.
Reply 17
random_bloke
i don't wish to sound smug or rude, but ASDA is EXTREMELY easy to get to!

It's just left at sainsburys and you're there!!!!

bit late for that.

I wasn't driving, so I don't know how we got lost- housemate panics.
Reply 18
Em_maK
I wasn't driving and we had **** directions.

It may be easy to get to for you guys, but this was our first time....so whatever.

I was just surprised when you said an hour, most people might take one or two wrong turns but soon find their way again, if I were you I wouldn't trust your source for directions again lol.
Though saying that, I got directions from google to Eastbourne once (to the post code of where we wanted to get to), I swear I followed them perfectly, but we ended up lost and having to follow signs into Eastbourne and ringing our friend, trying to explain where we were so she could explain the way to hers. Turned out we were only minutes from her house at one point before getting lost, but managed to add half hour or so to the journey.
So thinking about it it is a lot easier than you'd think to get lost somewhere you don't know, but least you know where it is now.

Edit: bloody hell I do go on about random crap late at night.
Reply 19
haha i discovered Netto the other day, never been before. It's quite wharehousey. I bought some noodles, disapointed in the salt content in them :no:

Latest

Trending

Trending