The Student Room Group

Magaluf or Ibiza???? Advice needed!

Hi,
Me and 11 other mates (lads holiday) are planning on going on holiday after our A level exams. We all keen for the night life, clubbing etc but also the different activities (water sports etc) and ideally nice beaches near by.

We have found a 3 star hotel in the center of Magaluf (2 mins walk from main clubs, 5 mins from beach) for £340 each for 11 days, self catering at the start of July 2009.

The only catch is we have to put down a £130 each deposit by friday and there has to be 4 people in each room.

We think £340 is a great price but wondering whether Ibiza would be better. Obviously it will cost more but id appreciate it if anyone could recommend which one to go to.

(Were will all be 18 so not made of money):smile:

Rep available for best responces :smile:

thanks in advance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ah I forgot to add the £340 includes flights from Gatwick
Reply 2
That's a bit expensive. Why not look for a normal holiday where you don't get forced to have an orgy with your mates at night?
Reply 3
I heard Ibiza is an older crowd i.e. early-mid twenty year olds.
Reply 4
Ibizaaaaa! If you're really into all your dance music then Ibiza is a clubbers paradise. Hopefully going next year too, staying at the Ibiza Rocks hotel (check it out, looks amazing! Live bands such as Arctic Monkeys and The Enemy play there).

I wouldn't want to go to Magaluf :nah:
sophie3 would say "magaluf defo innit"
Reply 6
Magaluf is pretty decent for that sort of thing, the big club is less than €20 to get in including drinks - whereas Ibiza has become a bit of a jet set place and will be a lot more expensive.
Reply 7
Ed.
Magaluf is pretty decent for that sort of thing, the big club is less than €20 to get in including drinks - whereas Ibiza has become a bit of a jet set place and will be a lot more expensive.

Yeah thats what we were thinking, wouldnt fancy paying 30 euros getting in and then having to dish out 10 more for every drink :eek:

Have you been to Magaluf before then? I hear mixed reviews about it being all trashy and run down, is it true? Are the beaches nice etc?
Sorry i have so many questions lol

Thanks for everyones reply so far :biggrin: helpful knowing Magaluf isnt just some wannabe tourist resort :P
Reply 8
Aparently Ibiza is very expensive
Reply 9
Gangee
Hi,
Me and 11 other mates (lads holiday) are planning on going on holiday after our A level exams. We all keen for the night life, clubbing etc but also the different activities (water sports etc) and ideally nice beaches near by.

We have found a 3 star hotel in the center of Magaluf (2 mins walk from main clubs, 5 mins from beach) for £340 each for 11 days, self catering at the start of July 2009.

The only catch is we have to put down a £130 each deposit by friday and there has to be 4 people in each room.

We think £340 is a great price but wondering whether Ibiza would be better. Obviously it will cost more but id appreciate it if anyone could recommend which one to go to.

(Were will all be 18 so not made of money):smile:

Rep available for best responces :smile:

thanks in advance

Magaluf is a great place to go on a lads holiday. Ibiza has more variety of clubs but is much more expensive.
Reply 10
It depends. Are you slightly chavvy or incredibly chavvy?
Reply 11
Gangee
Yeah thats what we were thinking, wouldnt fancy paying 30 euros getting in and then having to dish out 10 more for every drink :eek:

Have you been to Magaluf before then? I hear mixed reviews about it being all trashy and run down, is it true? Are the beaches nice etc?
Sorry i have so many questions lol

Thanks for everyones reply so far :biggrin: helpful knowing Magaluf isnt just some wannabe tourist resort :P

Yeah I went there 2 years ago - It is a little run-down, but no more than any other resort of that kind (Kavos was worse) the beech is pretty nice, sandy, sunny but you have to pay for sun loungers. The only downsides would be that there isn't many options in terms of going out to eat, and of course many other holiday makers perhaps don't have the decorum you'd expect :cool:
Reply 12
AWZC
It depends. Are you slightly chavvy or incredibly chavvy?

Haha no not at all. there arent any chavs in us who are going

You have to be a chav to go clubbing these days? :eek: :eek:
lol

Nah were just all up for a good laugh away from the girls for a while so we can chill out and party basically :biggrin: (without all their bitching)
Reply 13
Gangee
Haha no not at all. there arent any chavs in us who are going

You have to be a chav to go clubbing these days? :eek: :eek:
lol

Nah were just all up for a good laugh away from the girls for a while so we can chill out and party basically :biggrin: (without all their bitching)

I'm not calling you a chav, but these places do get a reputation for being chav infested.
Reply 14
Iz wot yerz wanner do is just gerron the plane ter Magaluf, gerra loader ale in youz, get propa BLADDERED like, then just ***** pull some slagz n tha'.
Reply 15
When I hear Magaluf, I just think of 'shag a scruff in Magaluf'.
Reply 16
Ed.
Yeah I went there 2 years ago - It is a little run-down, but no more than any other resort of that kind (Kavos was worse) the beech is pretty nice, sandy, sunny but you have to pay for sun loungers. The only downsides would be that there isn't many options in terms of going out to eat, and of course many other holiday makers perhaps don't have the decorum you'd expect :cool:

Cool well I doubt we could afford all inclusive and I dont mind eating on the rough for a few days, all part of the experience :p:
Thanks a lot you have been much help :smile:

Nyet
Iz wot yerz wanner do is just gerron the plane ter Magaluf, gerra loader ale in youz, get propa BLADDERED like, then just ***** pull some slagz n tha'.

Yea sounds about right :yep: :rolleyes:
Belle-x
Ibizaaaaa! If you're really into all your dance music then Ibiza is a clubbers paradise. Hopefully going next year too, staying at the Ibiza Rocks hotel (check it out, looks amazing! Live bands such as Arctic Monkeys and The Enemy play there).

I wouldn't want to go to Magaluf :nah:
When you at Rocks? Me and mates are there from 29th July for 2 weeks?:biggrin:

OP: If none of you have been away before on this type of holiday, I'd go to Magaluf, and maybe leave Ibiza for the year after. You'll probably enjoy it more, as you've something to compare it too. I went to Ibiza this year after having been to Malia and Maga x2, and Ibiza to me seemed to be full of more experienced clubbers if you get me? (probably a bit older aswell)

If you decide to go to Ibiza, be prepared to spend a fortune compared to anywhere else if you want to go to the superclubs (Pacha, Amnesia, Privelege, DC10, Space, Eden, Es Paradis, El Divino). << These are what it's all about IMO but at peak season its 35-50+ euros entry and then its at least 10 euros a drink in most of them (Amnesia and Pacha I know are 15 euros for a vodka)
Reply 18
George Agdgdgwngo
When you at Rocks? Me and mates are there from 29th July for 2 weeks?:biggrin:

We've not booked it yet but we're hopefully looking to go around a similar date :biggrin: I don't have a problem with the prices in clubs, just drink loads before you go out - simple lol :p:
Reply 19
ibiza is really expensive to get into the nightclubs so i'd say magaluf

Latest