The Student Room Group

uh-oh... run out of sanitary towels!

For some wierd reason, I seem to have got a second period straight after the last one just ended. I was already running low on towles & tampons and was planning on bulk buying a load ot make sure I didn't run low again. But because of this second one, I'm left with no towels at all!

I'm really heavy at the moment, but the only thing I have is a light tampon and a couple of v. small pantyliners. I'm using both at the moment, but I know it's not ogin to last long at all. I really need to sleep though! The only thing I can think of is it sleep on a v. thick towel and hope for the best...

I'm the only female in the house (I live with my brother and dad) so I can't borrow anyones... I can't drive, so I can't go to a 24 hour, and I really doubt my dad would appreciate me waking him up to take me to get something without having to go into gory details about why it's so important, which I do not want to do...

eeek! What can I do? Will the towel work? It's the only thing I can think of!
Oh dear. Not a good situation. That happened to me once and I had to stuff a whole load of toilet paper down there.... the only solution i have im afraid!
uh oh.. you'll have to make do with toilet paper... but go out tomorrow and buy yorself a mooncup and you'll never run out of towels/tampons again!
Yeah, stuff all the toilet roll and kitchen roll you can fit down there. And maybe sleep sitting up, so it reduces the chance of it leaking everywhere? Ew. Sorry.
Toilet paper (I know, ew, but better then nothing right?). And a tampon. Should be fine.

(How many boys clicked on this thread and are just sitting there thinking EW right now? :rolleyes:)
Reply 5
Ask a friend to bring you some?
Reply 6
Bubbles*de*Milo
(How many boys clicked on this thread and are just sitting there thinking EW right now? :rolleyes:)

o/
Bundle up an old piece of clothing you don't want any more and sit on it, you can then wash it. Not as weird as it sounds, people use cloth pads.
estel
o/

Lmao why the hell did you click on this link!?
Reply 9
Bubbles*de*Milo
Lmao why the hell did you click on this link!?

It's been a loooonggg night with only a packet of digestives for company :cry:
Bubbles*de*Milo
Toilet paper (I know, ew, but better then nothing right?). And a tampon. Should be fine.

Naw, I'm just sitting here thinking 'Exactly how much blood is lost?' I did refuse to believe periods even existed for a while though.:ninja:

OP; if you know you really can't make it through the night, perhaps you should wake your dad. I'm sure he'd understand, and isn't it better than trying to explain blood-soaked towels and sheets?
Reply 11
I do most of the washing anyway, so that could be avoided thankfully.

Thanks for the advice girls :smile: I was worried it was too late and everyone would be offline! I think I'm going to go for the just general stuffing of toilet paper + towels. That's all I can do, really.

I do like the idea of only ever having to buy one mooncup and not having to worry about problems like this, but on the other hand I really don't like the idea of having to wash and re-use them. Hmm...
estel
It's been a loooonggg night with only a packet of digestives for company :cry:

:grouphugs:

there there mister :smile: x
Reply 13
I'd either put toilet paper up there or sleep on a towel, either would work.

In our house I call them girly things, makes my Dad less embarassed I think. Just ask your Dad if he can drive you to get some girly things because you need some, I'm sure he'll understand ^_^

Latest

Trending

Trending