The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

I had one last year. It's a one on one interview with one of the lectures in the department, I wouldn't say it was an informal chat, but it wasn't as formal as oxbridge departments interviews (from what I've heard of them).

Aside from general questions (why CS/ICL etc), they asked me 2 technical questions. One of them was a Maths question, it was from an AS topic but it was supposed to stretch me, as such it was at the "very edge" of our abilities as they said. I was also asked another technical question, it was a logic/computing question. The best preparation I can say to do for that type of question is obviously just to read up on logic questions and make sure you're in the right frame of mind for answering them.

Generally, as others will tell you, if your invited up for an interview you're more than likely to be given an offer. So don't sweat it too much!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
hey ...its a bit off topic but what grades did u get ?
Reply 3
NavalChicken
One of them was a Maths question, it was from an AS topic but it was supposed to stretch me, as such it was at the "very edge" of our abilities as they said.
Was it just from C1/C2 or can it be from one of D1/M1/S1 also?
Reply 4
Revise all your AS Pure Maths and Further Pure Maths modules and do some thinking on "Why Computing, Why Imperial?" and you should be fine.
Reply 5
NavalChicken
I had one last year. It's a one on one interview with one of the lectures in the department, I wouldn't say it was an informal chat, but it wasn't as formal as oxbridge departments interviews (from what I've heard of them).

Aside from general questions (why CS/ICL etc), they asked me 2 technical questions. One of them was a Maths question, it was from an AS topic but it was supposed to stretch me, as such it was at the "very edge" of our abilities as they said. I was also asked another technical question, it was a logic/computing question. The best preparation I can say to do for that type of question is obviously just to read up on logic questions and make sure you're in the right frame of mind for answering them.

Generally, as others will tell you, if your invited up for an interview you're more than likely to be given an offer. So don't sweat it too much!

Thanks! That really helped :biggrin:
Reply 6
darkness9999
hey ...its a bit off topic but what grades did u get ?

I got 4 A's
why?
im just asking... i also got 3 A's and an A in AS .... didnt apply yet... i hope they will invite me to an interview
Reply 8
darkness9999
im just asking... i also got 3 A's and an A in AS .... didnt apply yet... i hope they will invite me to an interview

with those grades they definitely will :smile:
silver_j
Was it just from C1/C2 or can it be from one of D1/M1/S1 also?

Um, well I was asked a C2 question (sequences). I haven't heard of anyone being asked questions from applied modules, but I wouldn't rule it out completely, it seems they're far more likely to ask you pure questions.
Funny, I got AABC, B in maths and C in computing and I still am being invited for interview.
what o.o ... what are ur predicted grades? ... i sent off my ucas form ages ago.. my clg is delaying... when did u send it off?
darkness9999
what o.o ... what are ur predicted grades? ... i sent off my ucas form ages ago.. my clg is delaying... when did u send it off?

Me?
Do quote the person next time please.

Anyway, my predicted grades are AAA and A(or B i think) in AS further maths and my application was sent off on 15 October.
TRStemporaryusername
Me?
Do quote the person next time please.

Anyway, my predicted grades are AAA and A(or B i think) in AS further maths and my application was sent off on 15 October.

ok thanks ...yh i meant you :smile:
Reply 14
OP, make a list of the TSR members who have got interviews on your first post of this thread
whoops. i thought I was the OP so I replied. Sorry.
TRStemporaryusername
Funny, I got AABC, B in maths and C in computing and I still am being invited for interview.

I had ABBC at AS and I'm at Imperial now. Got in with AAA.
My predicted grades were AAA when I applied...I think.
Kalashnikov
I had ABBC at AS and I'm at Imperial now. Got in with AAA.
My predicted grades were AAA when I applied...I think.

Interesting. In what subjects.
My predicted grades also happen to be AAA(b or a (i think))
hmm yh interesting.... my predicted grades are AAAa Dinstinction in AEA Maths and Distincton in AEA physics... my ucas appl is now off to the unis :smile:
Reply 19
Good luck everyone! Don't worry too much about interviews and stuff, they'll be interviewing all the way throughout the year anyway, so if you don't hear from them immediately, don't take it to mean they've turned you away - no news is good news at this stage. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending