The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can you tell us what you mean by "picture", rather than just putting it in quotation marks and hoping we'll get it?
Probably means the image associated with it in a thumbnail... like an album cover.
Reply 3
Like when you play a .mp3 in windows media player, sometimes it shows an album cover or something...
I know that you can remove it in iTunes, not sure bout Media Player.

iTunes, you just go onto info about the song, then options, and you can delete the picture.
Reply 5
Go to the folder that contains the song and remove the folder.jpg image..?
Reply 6
There's no picture in the folder where the mp3 is, it's attached withing the mp3. There was a program to remove it but i can't remember, i refuse to use iTunes.
spikeymike
There's no picture in the folder where the mp3 is, it's attached withing the mp3. There was a program to remove it but i can't remember, i refuse to use iTunes.

Is it just for one specific mp3, or for all?
Reply 8
If you're using media player, go to the song/album, go Advanced tag Editor, then the pictures tab, and remove any pictures in that window.
Okay figured it out. First, close Windows Media Player, and go to "Folder Options", you should be able to find that in Control Panel. Click the "View" tab, and go down the list and uncheck "Show hidden files and folders" and "hide protected operating system files". Then go to the folder that the particular mp3 that you want to delete the album art is, and find the jpg (it will be named as Albumart_### - a long string of numbers/text) and delete it. Open up Windows Media Player, and it should be gone :smile:

Let me know how it goes!
Reply 10
Kizz91
If you're using media player, go to the song/album, go Advanced tag Editor, then the pictures tab, and remove any pictures in that window.

Tried it, still there.
Reply 11
Darkest Knight
Okay figured it out. First, close Windows Media Player, and go to "Folder Options", you should be able to find that in Control Panel. Click the "View" tab, and go down the list and uncheck "Show hidden files and folders" and "hide protected operating system files". Then go to the folder that the particular mp3 that you want to delete the album art is, and find the jpg (it will be named as Albumart_### - a long string of numbers/text) and delete it. Open up Windows Media Player, and it should be gone :smile:

Let me know how it goes!

Tried it, still there...
Reply 12
spikeymike
Tried it, still there.

Damn. Must be somewhere else then...sorry I couldn't help...:confused:
spikeymike
Tried it, still there...

So if you go back to that folder now, are there still any images for the mp3?

Also, did you delete two files, or just one - there should have been two.

Edit: Also, go to the "Options" in Windows Media Player, and on the "Library" tab untick the bit that says "Retrieve additional information from the Internet", and then try deleting the images with the steps I gave above.
Reply 14
Darkest Knight
So if you go back to that folder now, are there still any images for the mp3?

Also, did you delete two files, or just one - there should have been two.

Edit: Also, go to the "Options" in Windows Media Player, and on the "Library" tab untick the bit that says "Retrieve additional information from the Internet", and then try deleting the images with the steps I gave above.

My WMP doesn't retrieve info from the net anyway...
Reply 15
I used to have this problem before I eventually just gave up and used iTunes.

Try the following program, it claims to be able to do a lot of things regarding this.

The Godfather

Good Luck.

PS: Why do you refuse to use iTunes?
spikeymike
My WMP doesn't retrieve info from the net anyway...

Did you delete both of the files or just one?
Reply 17
UniStudent2009
I used to have this problem before I eventually just gave up and used iTunes.

Try the following program, it claims to be able to do a lot of things regarding this.

The Godfather

Good Luck.

PS: Why do you refuse to use iTunes?

Thanks, i'll try in a min. :smile:

It installs quicktime automatically + i want it done now, don't want to download ~70mb
Reply 18
Got it sorted now folks, cheers :smile:

Had used winrar, opened up the folder where the mp3 was, 2 album art appeared (hidden if winrar wasn't used, which is weird because i have the folder options set to , show hidden files and folders :s-smilie: )
spikeymike
Got it sorted now folks, cheers :smile:

Had used winrar, opened up the folder where the mp3 was, 2 album art appeared (hidden if winrar wasn't used, which is weird because i have the folder options set to , show hidden files and folders :s-smilie: )

It doesn't matter now, but I think you missed one of the crucial parts of my advice.. to untick "hide protected operating system files" - did you do that?

Latest

Trending

Trending