The Student Room Group

Oxford PPE (Philosophy, Politics and Economics) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

wittgenstein
AAB offer (to study PPE, haha) from York, received today at 10.04pm (GMT +8.00)

(:

Congratulations!

I got an offer from Sheffield for Politics and Philosophy yesterday, which I was pretty pleased about!
pinkpenguin
Congratulations!

I got an offer from Sheffield for Politics and Philosophy yesterday, which I was pretty pleased about!

Wow congratulations! :smile: I'm hoping to hear from UCL, Warwick and Durham now. And of course from Oxford too but that's a different story since we have to go through the TSA...
wittgenstein
Wow congratulations! :smile: I'm hoping to hear from UCL, Warwick and Durham now. And of course from Oxford too but that's a different story since we have to go through the TSA...

I think Warwick offers have maybe just started to be given out. I've heard Durham take ageeeeeeees too.

Don't know too much bout UCL though.

Im going through my old Critical Thinking AS papers for the TSA, not gonna look at the actual practise test until maybe the weekend. :s-smilie:
Hmm yeah I think Warwick's starting to give out offers too... Durham seems to be taking awfully long sending my application to the Department but I guess I can wait... Afterall they do have until March 15 to release decisions...

All the best for the TSA! (:
wittgenstein
Hmm yeah I think Warwick's starting to give out offers too... Durham seems to be taking awfully long sending my application to the Department but I guess I can wait... Afterall they do have until March 15 to release decisions...

All the best for the TSA! (:

You too!

Don't worry about Durham, my application hasn't been send to the Department yet either :o:
Metamorphosis_S
My prep atm is pretty much null. I've got a dissertation deadline two days before the TSA so I'm pretty much just working on that :frown:.

Actually has anyone done the practise TSA? If you have could someone please talk me through that question with the banks? I can't get the answer that they've got and I've drawn diagrams and everything!

It's very simple really, you've probably overcomplicated it.

The test is refusing to open for me at the moment, but I'll try to remember the process...

Work out how much each bank owes to the other two. Then work out how much each is owed. Then work out the difference. It's then something like bank X owes bank Y £2m, with the third being owed what it owes.

Hope that helps.
Dan-IW
It's very simple really, you've probably overcomplicated it.

The test is refusing to open for me at the moment, but I'll try to remember the process...

Work out how much each bank owes to the other two. Then work out how much each is owed. Then work out the difference. It's then something like bank X owes bank Y £2m, with the third being owed what it owes.

Hope that helps.

I'm fairly sure that's what I did, but none of the solutions seemed to sort it all out.
Hmm I'll have another look at it later
Metamorphosis_S
I'm fairly sure that's what I did, but none of the solutions seemed to sort it all out.
Hmm I'll have another look at it later

Okay, it has managed to open.

Spoiler

Hope that helps.
Reply 2488
I'm starting to get a bit stressed out about York.
My application was processed about 3 weeks ago and so many people are getting offers. I havent heard anything...you think a rejection might be heading my way?

Any thoughts anyone? :s-smilie:
mbell
My application was processed about 3 weeks ago and so many people are getting offers. I havent heard anything...you think a rejection might be heading my way?

Don't panic! There will be so many applications they have to get through. No way will they have been through them all!

I'm sure you will know soon enough, it'l be fine! They have until March (I think) to give decisions so they may not give out all their offers right now.

Don't get too stressed about it and concentrate on the TSA :smile:
Just a quick question to those who already hold offers...how did you find out? Through Track or by e-mail?
Dan-IW
Okay, it has managed to open.

Spoiler

Hope that helps.

Thanks yeah it did.
This is exactly the method I used I just messed the maths up a bit somehow.
Thanks for your help :smile:
mbell

Dunno, I don't have an offer from them either.
It's probably best just to forget about it, so that if or when it does come it'll be a nice surprise.
Reply 2493
everestek
Just a quick question to those who already hold offers...how did you find out? Through Track or by e-mail?

Snail mail, I think most people get it that way.
Internationals sometimes get it by email though I think, though probably usually only on request.
Track usually updates way later
Edit: whoops, general offers :p: Misinterpreted
Last year got all mine through track first
everestek

got mine through track! and e-mail from ucas the following day.
I'm interviewing today - in three hours :redface:
Reply 2496
ScholarsInk
I'm interviewing today - in three hours :redface:

Best Luck! I'm sure it will be fine :smile:.
Mike_P
Best Luck! I'm sure it will be fine :smile:.

It was a bit like war scenes in old films where one hears the high-pitched whine of a dropping bomb then hears the explosion.
ScholarsInk
It was a bit like war scenes in old films where one hears the high-pitched whine of a dropping bomb then hears the explosion.

GREAT SIMILE!!!!!

(....actually, could you please explain :o:
I never watched old movies with war scenes)
maghreblover
GREAT SIMILE!!!!!

(....actually, could you please explain :o:
I never watched old movies with war scenes)

I haven't actually seen them either but I've seen such clips and figured they were probably used in such films.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending