The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Applications 09

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
StotheL
AAB/ABB :eek: I'm yet to send off my UCAS, sending it off in a week though. If I don't get an offer I don't know what I'll do! Well you've got the grades, so as long as you're PS is good you're sorted, lucky man! No, I'm heading over in Easter. What's Cardiff like? I've never been before, I just feel really drawn to it, it's sort of like Belfast (so I've been told by everyone) and I'm from Northern Ireland so I hope I'll like it!

Em, I'm not entirely sure yet. I know I'm also going to apply to Manchester, Newcastle and I'm not sure about the others as I've only a C in GCSE maths. I could apply to Aston but I'm not fond of the area at all. How about yourself?

Oh cool. I was predicted AAB last year but was one grade out of getting into my firm - Aston. And I am so happy that I didn't meet the grades cos looking back I don't think I'd be happy there. Don't get me wrong (any aston applicants :o: ) cos the course looks excellent and the university was nice, it must have been for me to pick it last year, but after realising I was on a gap year and then visiting cardiff 4 weeks later I was like... hmm shoulda gone to more unis like this!! Cardiff is great. When i went we did a sightseeing tour of cardiff lol. i highly recommend it cos you see everything. if you can go up the day before (or stay an extra day) to see the city. i think this is where I went wrong last year - seeing the uni alone without experiencing the town/city.

Good luck with the application. Might see you in sept 09 if we both get offers. fingers crossed and all that, cheers, adam
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 61
Got an offer! Have applied for English Language and Communications, and my offer is conditional of me passing British Sign Language level one, which I already have! :biggrin: Yay!
applied for biomedical but still haven't heard anything :frown:
Reply 63
Got an English offer! :biggrin: AAB with an A in English, so pleased!
Reply 64
georgia_c
Got an English offer! :biggrin: AAB with an A in English, so pleased!

:biggrin: Seems like the English department are giving out offers today!
I'm applying to do English Language :smile:
Reply 66
I applied here as well.

I still don't know why I applied though :laughing:.
Reply 67
Juustuburger
I'm from Newcastle but live about 30 miles South in the Teesside area, so I'm kind of nearby but not there anymore. I did go to Newcastle College once upon a time though! :P

Nottingham's reputation is in guns, not knives, but I get the point. It's actually a bit outdated as it was down to incidents about four years ago, so I'm not letting that bother me as much, but I'm reading bad things about Aston lately :frown:

Newcastle and Northumbria aren't bad, but Northumbria has such a mixed bag of students that you're amongst people who got CCD and stuff. A lot of Northern Irish people go there apparently, though, and I know quite a few there. Newcastle's probably not much better in Business but I suppose something draws me to that should I stay local. Also I do quite like to go out so I guess it's not surprising I'm applying to five cities (I passed up Lancaster for that reason).

My only thing about Cardiff, thinking about it, is distance - I don't want it to take a day just to get back here, but I'll see what happens when I apply first :redface:

What have you read that's bad about Aston?
FM08
What have you read that's bad about Aston?

People have said it's not in a very nice area although more often than not they're referring to Aston and not the University, which isn't actually in Aston at all.
Reply 69
Ahh, I got my offer from Cardiff for English on Halloween too!! AAB!
So so sooo relieved.
Pillar of Autumn
LLB Law and Politics. Possibly.

:ditto:

Is it just me or has no one else got any correspondence's of any type from Cardiff yet, not even an acknowledgment of application?
cconstant

Is it just me or has no one else got any correspondence's of any type from Cardiff yet, not even an acknowledgment of application?

i haven't had an acknowledgement from Cardiff either. i sent my application off 15th October, but i hear cardiff are notoriously slow :frown:

Ruth xx
Reply 72
cconstant

A couple of people I know have offers and never got acknowledgments so I assume they just give out offers straight away.
angel_night
i haven't had an acknowledgement from Cardiff either. i sent my application off 15th October, but i hear cardiff are notoriously slow :frown:

Ruth xx

I sent my app on the 15th of December (school's fault...) and got a 'you might have an offer' letter by the 20th. I got the offer on the 4th of Jan just after the Christmas holidays. I think it depends on the department.
Reply 74
I just recieved a conditional offer for geology starting next year
Reply 75
I got an offer earlier today for BAM, yey!
Reply 76
Myotherone
I just recieved a conditional offer for geology starting next year

Well done :smile: ive got one for geology as well, you think cardiff will be your firm?
Reply 77
sampshogg
Well done :smile: ive got one for geology as well, you think cardiff will be your firm?

Dont know yet, i want to see what my others offer, is yours conditional /uncoditional and what grades
Reply 78
Myotherone
Dont know yet, i want to see what my others offer, is yours conditional /uncoditional and what grades

cools :smile: conditional BBB for the resource and exploration geology, what about yours?
Reply 79
BBC for the geology masters

Quick Reply

Latest