The Student Room Group

where is the best clubbing holiday destination?

We are group of 18 year old girls who want to book a holiday next year before we all go seperate unis. Half of our group went Magaluf this year and the other half went Zante. We are worried about Ibiza as it is expensive but everyone says it is the best. Where can you suggest or should we go Ibiza or back to Magaluf or Zante? Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Magaluf.

Barry Island?

... seriously though, I think Magaluf is a good alternative choice.
Reply 3
Why would you want to go to Chavland?
Reply 4
I would go to Ibiza, more expensive but it seems much more worth it. I would generally avoid anywhere on main land spain and much of greece.
go on a real holiday instead. why pay money to go clubbing and be drunk with a pile of other english people when you can do it in the UK?
Elipsis
I would go to Ibiza, more expensive but it seems much more worth it. I would generally avoid anywhere on main land spain and much of greece.

mainland spain is lovely though, loads of old Moorish cities and things to see
What about Germany? Look for Reeperbahn in Hamburg :biggrin:

ok it's crap compared to anything you went to but I live there xD
Reply 8
vapid slut magician
mainland spain is lovely though, loads of old Moorish cities and things to see

I meant for clubbing etc. there are too many of the wrong type of English people there. I think Ibiza is less about the alcohol and more about the quality of the night out, with perhaps more drugs mixed in. Not only that but it's a more international place. I wouldn't rule out Spain for a 'real' holiday though.
op have you looked at eastern europe? arent some of those cities mega cheap?
Reply 10
Ibiza, Rimini, Mykonos, Ayia Napa. These are the Big-Four. Prices are not really different. Of course it concerns international style clubbing. Many more places of Greece are also clubbing destinations (like Thessaloniki) but they have the "Greek way" clubbing which will seem unknown to foreigners, unless they are not from a neighboring country...
Reply 11
I have been on many holidays all around the world, and the best for partying is Magaluf. Seriosuly, I have been to most other party centrals and nothing compares to Magaluf Peak Season.
Its also not as bad as people make out, most people who put the place down have never been. Those who have will tell you what a nice place it is.
Long sandy beaches, most of it is close to the beach, the strip is amazing, BCM awesome, there are more girls than lads (good for girls lol), it has everything a party holiday needs. And its not that expensive, especially compared to Ibiza.
Its not like what the stereotype says at all, obviosuly things do occur, but these happen everywhere.
Get your flight booked! lol
I would recommend the Royal Beach Hotel, its right on the beach front, and close to the strip, close to the BCM, the rooms are decent and staff are friendly. Thats with Thomas Cook. :biggrin: Oh and check of the adult Pirate show :ninja:, the Go Karts, Water Park and Katmandu
Reply 12
Berlin is a very good city, offers great nightlife plus culture
Reply 13
Ibiza.

when you get there, you will understand why.

you go to places like.. well. Kavos, Zante, etc, and you might get... that radio 1extra DJ, who you heard of that one time. OR. you pay a bit more for club entry and go to ibiza, and you experience clubbing for what clubbing should be.

Read mixmag in the summer months, where do all the club adverts point? Ibiza.

there is no contest whatsoever.

(And for anyone that will reply back and say "oh but it's so expensive..", it really isn't. The west end is cheap as DIRT.)
Reply 14
Why not try Holland. Amsterdam and Rotterdam have some amazing clubs and DJs. Look at HollandClubbing.com, you can get deals from lastminute.com and see which flights go to Amsterdam from anywhere in the UK
Reply 15
Gregamos
Ibiza.

when you get there, you will understand why.

you go to places like.. well. Kavos, Zante, etc, and you might get... that radio 1extra DJ, who you heard of that one time. OR. you pay a bit more for club entry and go to ibiza, and you experience clubbing for what clubbing should be.

Read mixmag in the summer months, where do all the club adverts point? Ibiza.

there is no contest whatsoever.

(And for anyone that will reply back and say "oh but it's so expensive..", it really isn't. The west end is cheap as DIRT.)

This. We got handed 3 one litre bottles of Vodka for free just for going in a bar, cheap night for all concerned. :yep:

Ibiza is slightly more expensive in terms of hotel prices, club entry tc but budget well and you'll be fine.
Reply 16
Terryw
I have been on many holidays all around the world, and the best for partying is Magaluf. Seriosuly, I have been to most other party centrals and nothing compares to Magaluf Peak Season.
Its also not as bad as people make out, most people who put the place down have never been. Those who have will tell you what a nice place it is.
Long sandy beaches, most of it is close to the beach, the strip is amazing, BCM awesome, there are more girls than lads (good for girls lol), it has everything a party holiday needs. And its not that expensive, especially compared to Ibiza.
Its not like what the stereotype says at all, obviosuly things do occur, but these happen everywhere.
Get your flight booked! lol
I would recommend the Royal Beach Hotel, its right on the beach front, and close to the strip, close to the BCM, the rooms are decent and staff are friendly. Thats with Thomas Cook. :biggrin: Oh and check of the adult Pirate show :ninja:, the Go Karts, Water Park and Katmandu

Pirates!
That show was amazing, sure I've still got Lord Nelson's autograph *cough* lurking somewhere. :biggrin:
Frankfurt (the home of trance) or Paris (if you're fit) or Ibiza/Magaluf (if you want to go to another country to meet English people, most likely, annoying dregs)
Reply 18
Malia
Reply 19
I HAD A LOOK AT MAGULUF AND WAS WELL UP FOR IT, LOOKS CLASS BUT FRIEND OF MINE WENT TO SANTA PONSA LAST YEAR AND SAID THEY WENT TO MAGALIF ONE NITE THEY WERE OVER THERE ... LADS STARTED ON THEIR MATES CUZ THEY WERE IRISH (APARTENTLY ITS FULL OF ENGLISH WHICH DISLIKE THE IRISH) AND SHE SED THERE WAS ONE BAR THAT SAID ' NO DOGS, NO IRISH ' .... WE ARE ALL IRISH .. BUT WE ALWAYS GOT ON WITH THE ENGLISH WHEN WE WENT ABROAD ... IS MAGALUF AN ANTI- IRISH RESORT ? ... ID LOVE TO GO THERE BUT LAST THING I WANT IS FIGHTS WHILE TRYIN TO HAVE A GOOD HOLIDAY YENO ... :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest