The Student Room Group

The rape scene in The Hills Have Eyes remake (spoilers)

How distressing was that? :eek: Great acting by the women and rapists, if you ask me.

It played on all of my moral consciousness, especially the fact that the rapists threatened to shoot the baby in the head if the women didn't comply. It made me want to walk into that caravan and kick threee shades of sh*t out of them. Totally vile.

I have rarely been so engrossed in a scene in a horror movie, albeit in a disgusted kind of way.

Has anyone else seen it, what are your thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

I have seen this film, although it was a couple of years ago.

Is it when she is attacked by the weird monster people? Yeah, that was pretty damn gross.
Reply 2
that was well sick
Reply 3
the bit where they pointed the gun at the baby really, really upset me. moreso than anything else that happened. even though they didn't actually fire the gun, the threat of it made me audibly gasp in shock.

that whole scene was a bit too much, I thought, too many horrible things happening. it was overwhelming for a horror film.

(MORE SPOILER!!)
me and my flatmate got a bit too into it when the baby's dad killed the mutant things. we were proper cheering him on.
Reply 4
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
How distressing was that? :eek: Great acting by the women and rapists, if you ask me.

It played on all of my moral consciousness, especially the fact that the rapists threatened to shoot the baby in the head if the women didn't comply. It made me want to walk into that caravan and kick threee shades of sh*t out of them. Totally vile.

I have rarely been so engrossed in a scene in a horror movie, albeit in a disgusted kind of way.

Has anyone else seen it, what are your thoughts?

Watch Irreversible
Reply 5
The rape scene in scum is pretty damn distressing. I suppose rape is one of the last few shock tactics they can use in film
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
especially the fact that the rapists threatened to shoot the baby in the head if the women didn't comply

thats classics
Reply 7
This movie scares me so much :frown: Its awful.
Reply 8
*Spoiler*
That scene where the dad dies and the lady is watching along with her children and then the daugther is raped and the baby is threatened and her mum has to endure nursing a mutant *breathe* *breathe*.
The whole film is horrible. blueegghhhh.
Not as bad as the rape scene in Baise Moi, I'm sure you'll agree.
Reply 10
a_t
Watch Irreversible

Or Deliverance.
I haven't seen it, and this makes me not want to.

I hate rape scenes.
Anyone seen Straw Dogs?
I've seen that, it was great! :teeth:
Nah, it was pretty intense. I agree I did get the feeling of wanting to barge in there and 'punish' them freaks/mutants. :giggle:
Reply 14
Don't remember is this the 1st one or the second. I haven't seen the 1st???
I think the scene in the film (the remake that is) atm is a watered down version of what they originally put in it. Apparently there was an outcry soon after it was released so they had to cut it. But I agree in this version even though you don't actually see it happening it's still pretty screwed up.

I think the mutant people are lulzworthy though. Although I felt a bit sorry for that Ruby one - the girl who looked after his baby. She seemed to be the only one who bore any resemblance to normality, physically and mentally. I remember seeing her in the film and thinking "hmm, I can think of some ppl who would probably tap that..."

And if you thought the rape scene in this film was bad, search for I Spit On Your Grave. :-)
Hmmm the rape scene huh??

I'm watching this film for the first time tonight. I cannot wait.
Quite realistic. The whole film was actually quite funny in a noir kind of way
Reply 18
Profesh
Or Deliverance.

The Deliverance one is just funny, He's got a real purty mouth, Squeal like a pig!!!
Awful film, second one is even worse.