The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Give it time, go out meet new people.... thats the only way to get past the shyness.... Alcohol helps :biggrin:

Or you could go for the grass on the other side.... :biggrin:
Reply 2
There's more to life than girls, you know.
Reply 3
Anonymous
keep anon please or delete

i think i will eventually die single as no girl has ever in my life seemed remotely interested in me. at my age (22) it seems like life is over. i don't look great but personality wise i am super shy. i don't know how to get rid of this shyness. i've tried before but no luck. is there any hope for me or should i start planning to live alone and die alone?

Surely the you don't want to commit suicide? :confused:
Just join a club or something. Girls like guys with interests - just make yourself talk to someone. It would help if they were in to the stuff youre in to. Good luck, and be confident!
Reply 5
Don't be a fool :wink: Of course you don't want to commit suicide.

You're just not looking in the right places...

I really don't know how to help without more details. Maybe this will help a lad like you:
http://uk.askmen.com/
Reply 6
Hey Im EXACTLY the same op and almost 23 I really believe I'l be single forever but Im kind of getting sick of it now, pm if you want cause I know how you feel.x
Reply 7
Anonymous

i think i will eventually die single as no girl has ever in my life seemed remotely interested in me. at my age (22) it seems like life is over. i don't look great but personality wise i am super shy. i don't know how to get rid of this shyness. i've tried before but no luck. is there any hope for me or should i start planning to live alone and die alone?

What is the point giving up?? I mean your still really young...maybe you've just been going about it the wrong way?
Join the gym or a social club etc

Find a new surrounding to get rid of your current thoughts etc

It will work just try it!
I find it quite an insult that you bandy the word suicide around like it's an appropriate response to the situation of 'no girls liking you'.
Both my father and my aunt committed suicide, and both had mental problems.
If the only reason you feel like this is your relationship status, I'm actually pretty sickened.

If, on the other hand, you are very depressed, then I apologise.

It just ***** me right off when people exaggerate about what is really a terrible thing to happen.
Anonymous

1) You will probably not die single.
2) Typically girls hide their interest a lot for fear of rejection.
3) 22 is still really young, you have time yet.
4) You have to have more confidence, put yourself out there.
5) Shyness is attractive, you have to carry off that shy guy mystique :yep:
6) What have you tried? :confused:
7) You need have a strategy, build up to bigger things. Build friendships with girls then see if there is chemistry.
8) Make the first move, the reaction may surprise you. e.g. I like guys who make the first move.
9) Don't give up!
10) Age wise: 22 is a definate plus point - I like 22year olds because they have more maturity.

Look at what you are good at and see how you can meet girls through that. Hope I helped
Reply 11
Anonymous

Well if you've got the mentality to commit suicide, why haven't you got the metality to boost your confidence? Surely you can atleast try, girls don't just appear on your doorstep.:s-smilie:

Oh and you're shyness will only go, if you get more confidence, feel good about yourself and not looking miserable
Im sure everyone thinks this at some point in their life. Just get out there and it will happen in its own time, life has a strange way of working in my experience.
Reply 13
It's gonna be a damn lot harder to pull if you're dead my son.
Aack
It's gonna be a damn lot harder to pull if you're dead my son.

This.
Reply 15
it's not just girls. it's life in general. my old friends have left me now and i don't have a job. in lots of debt and haven't got a "special someone" to talk to.
Well, you're welcome to PM me to talk about your issues.

But just to clarify, I won't be your girlfriend :tongue:

Have you seen your doctor yet?
Reply 17
Is this an advert?
Reply 18
Anonymous
it's not just girls. it's life in general. my old friends have left me now and i don't have a job. in lots of debt and haven't got a "special someone" to talk to.

Im the same honest:smile: All my old friends have their own lives and Im more or less jobless Ive just had no life for years..its no exaggeration. These things go hand in hand I guess.
Anonymous

please dont Jesus loves you

Latest