The Student Room Group

Girls: do you think guys look better with a beard, stubble or clean shaven?

Which do you find most attractive in general?

Or do you think it's down to how facial hair looks on a particular individual. I'm asking because i've noted i've had considerably more femal attention since I started keeping a dark stubble.

I'm pretty sure it's about down to my new style since i've always dressed well and have a buff physique.

Maybe it makes me look tougher and more hardcore?

Scroll to see replies

Beard > Stubble > Clean shaven

Facial hair :love:
Reply 2
Personally i prefer clean shaven but light stubble can be cute. depends if hes shaven it into a style. A friend of mine likes his stubble but hes kept it very tidy. looks nice
Reply 3
It really does depend on the guy I think. Some lot really hot with stubble, but others look much better clean shaven. Sorry, not much help there, but if you've been getting more attention, it must be good! :p:
Reply 4
clean shaven
Reply 5
Stubble. But I've seen many, many examples of men with all three options look gooooood. :coma:
Reply 6
Love, love, love stubble :yep:
Reply 7
I think it depends on the guy himself. Some guys look good with stubble, some dont. The same also applies to the other options. Sometimes stubble is hot!!! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Tasha-x
It really does depend on the guy I think. Some lot really hot with stubble, but others look much better clean shaven. Sorry, not much help there, but if you've been getting more attention, it must be good! :p:

I think you're right abouut it depending on the person.

eg I dunno if anyone watches wwe but edges new look really makes him look hardcore (no homo). I'm thinking of growing a beard like that just too....
I think it depends on the guy in question.
I like my boyfriend clean shaven though :smile:
I have a beard atm. I really want a girl to feel it, I'm seeing some female friends in a couple of weeks so they'll be all over it. But if their is anyone in the home counties and London area who wants to feel a guys beard for an afternoon (maybe we can have a lunch and chat aswell) PM me. I can come to you, or if you can travel we can meet half way, I'm flexible.
anything but a beard
MY VIEW:
clean shaven =yes
little stubble =yes!
lots of stubble= depends on the guy
beards =nevEr ever ever!
Clean shaven
Reply 14
Beard>Clean-shaven>Stubble.

I find designer stubble pointless and annoying. However, many men fail at growing beards due to age or ethnic group. If you can grow a good beard, do it - they are the most awesome thing on the planet and if it wasn't for my damned gender I'd have one. If you can't grow one, clean-shaven is better than a pretentious bit of not bothering to shave.
Reply 15
EskimoJo
Stubble. But I've seen many, many examples of men with all three options look gooooood. :coma:

Not all at the same time btw! Lol! 1/3 stubble, 1/3 beard and 1/3 clean - would look a bit silly, no? :wink:
Reply 16
Musash1
Which do you find most attractive in general?

Or do you think it's down to how facial hair looks on a particular individual. I'm asking because i've noted i've had considerably more femal attention since I started keeping a dark stubble.

I'm pretty sure it's about down to my new style since i've always dressed well and have a buff physique.

Maybe it makes me look tougher and more hardcore?

It really depends on the guy, but generally...I like stubble / bit of facial hair but not a full-on beard :smile:
Reply 17
I prefer beards/stubble, but it REALLY depends on the guy. Some look better with, others wothout!
No facial hair looks nice and clean, a stubble looks sexyyyyyyyyyyyy *rawr* :biggrin:
beard? naaah...
Reply 19
Stubble :smile:
Only when it's proper stubble though.. no fluffy wannabe stubble.
Beards are a no go in my opinion.
Clean shaven, meh.

Latest