The Student Room Group

What's another word for life changing

as in the title

another word for life changing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Depending on the context, formative would work (as in, it was an extremely formative experience).
Reply 2
to have an epiphany
Reply 3
I wouldn't use the phrase at all, it is pretty overblown unless the experience was huge.
Reply 4
Ed.
I wouldn't use the phrase at all, it is pretty overblown unless the experience was huge.

yeah i do maths so its never good to take english advice from me or any student of maths
Reply 5
You discovered double ended dildos didn't you?
Pivotal, influential, consequential, etc.

Edit: & by the way OP, I really love your signature. Daria & Breakfast at Tiffany's :love:.
Reply 7
yeah i do maths so its never good to take english advice from me or any student of maths

It wasn't yours, just the whole life changing thing in general. but maybe I'm just in PS help mode.
Reply 8
life altering
azurus
You discovered double ended dildos didn't you?

And it was a dildo attached to a mechanical panty you lock onto yourself before the product functions. And it happens to have rusted, the device won't stop, she couldn't take it off, and was forced to uh... wait until the battery ran out.

There. Life changing. Being reborn.
Reply 10
Ed.
It wasn't yours, just the whole life changing thing in general. but maybe I'm just in PS help mode.

yeah in ps life changing is abit too enthusiastic.
Reply 11
OP write a sentence about what you are talking about, and maybe we can help you format it to say what you mean.
i meant life changing quite literally, and i don't think it was an exaggeration... :s-smilie:

the experiments (medical one) produced life changing results
Reply 13
Momentus?
Reply 14
tami*
i meant life changing quite literally, and i don't think it was an exaggeration... :s-smilie:

the experiments (medical one) produced life changing results

Ah Ok, well why do you need another word ? Sorry not much help..
Ed.
Ah Ok, well why do you need another word ? Sorry not much help..

it's for my personal statement... i used the word 'life' twice in the same sentence
Reply 16
tami*
it's for my personal statement... i used the word 'life' twice in the same sentence

That isn't a problem.
Ascient
That isn't a problem.

yes, but it sounds silly:frown:
Reply 18
tami*
yes, but it sounds silly:frown:

Life is a noun, not an adjective (in that context anyway). It's difficult to play around with without changing the meaning significantly, but there's no need to change it in that instance. I'm pretty sure it won't sound stupid. It's just another overblown, unwritten PS rule. Perhaps if you gave the full sentence it might help more? Actually, don't do that- might get plagiarised!
Reply 19
ground-breaking?

Quick Reply

Latest