The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Wangers
Sports night = good times. I'm even just about sober enough to finish off some work! :biggrin:

It was NOT a successful sports night if you were sober enough to type that, let alone do work!

rockrunride
I'd agree with that; my housemate just literally walked back in cross-dressed and rat-arsed.

RUMSBC?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 41
My course is well annoying, attendance is monitored :frown:
I HATE FRIDAYS AT 9.00am :mad:

On the plus side I got the new BlackBerry today, luckily I get paid this week!
Firstly, every year the law freshers get told they're the worst year ever. It's standard.

Secondly, I believe it's sports nite :smile: it's much more down with the kids

Thirdly, I got elected to the union council :biggrin: I'm important now. I can make laws and get free drinks.
Reply 43
I was baskingi n the joy of cancelled lectures. Now I have a 4 hour block from 1-5 this afternoon. Rejoice.
Reply 44
davidthegreat
RUMSBC?

I do believe so.
Onearmedbandit
Firstly, every year the law freshers get told they're the worst year ever. It's standard.

Secondly, I believe it's sports nite :smile: it's much more down with the kids

Thirdly, I got elected to the union council :biggrin: I'm important now. I can make laws and get free drinks.

I surrender to your superior knowledge and vast powers Mr Councillor... well done :smile:
Everyone has to come to the law soc xmas ball! right now i feel like the only person with a ticket! damn you allllll!
brokenheroes
Everyone has to come to the law soc xmas ball! right now i feel like the only person with a ticket! damn you allllll!

But it's crazzzzily expensive... at least that's what I think...
not really! if you think the other balls are what..? £15?

£40-£15=£25

so where else are you gonna get a glass of champagne and a 3 course meal for £25? not *that* bad.

plus wait til you see the easter ball, apparently thats £60
Reply 49
40 quid is a lot considering the time of term it is. Heck the SAS archaeology party was £3 with free alcohol all night.
La Songeuse
i think the non-stop talking through his lectures could posssssibly be called badly behaved ...

Agreed.
Reply 51
Its more because end of term + christmas ----> destitution. If it was start of term, then it wouldn't be a problem.

The medics ball is £35. Not sure if we get a meal though
Reply 52
Wangers
Its more because end of term + christmas ----> destitution. If it was start of term, then it wouldn't be a problem.

The medics ball is £35. Not sure if we get a meal though

:eek: I thought forking out £17 for both the UCLU and Ramsay balls was steep..
Reply 53
rockrunride
:eek: I thought forking out £17 for both the UCLU and Ramsay balls was steep..

UCLU ball is at Egg - it'll be another 'freshers ball'. Complete waste of money imo.
Reply 54
Wangers
UCLU ball is at Egg - it'll be another 'freshers ball'. Complete waste of money imo.

The free Pimms and chocolate fountain won't be.
Reply 55
Wangers

I thought freshers ball was good? well I had a good time anyway
Reply 56
JamesHo
I thought freshers ball was good? well I had a good time anyway

Well I diddn't mean it that harshly - it was a great night - but as I'm getting poorer; maybe not for £20! :p:
brokenheroes
not really! if you think the other balls are what..? £15?

£40-£15=£25

so where else are you gonna get a glass of champagne and a 3 course meal for £25? not *that* bad.

plus wait til you see the easter ball, apparently thats £60

To be fair though, the law society Easter ball is always at one of London's top 5-star hotels. Over the last couple of years we've had it in the Dorchester and then the erm... blast I forgot the name... but it was posh!
Reply 58
Theres a rumour going round that the law xmas ball is in the quad? Thats gotta be ********, right?
Reply 59
Sorry to change the topic lads and lasses, but is there anyone here (apart from Ed and myself) originally from a state comp?

I haven't met a single one on my course yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending