The Student Room Group

Birmingham Or Liverpool?

any advice on choosing between applying to liverpool or birmingham? i want to apply to where i am likely to get in. (i am also applying to cardiff, bristol, kings college uni of london, - kins and cardiff look at ukcat, bristol doesn't, my overall average for ukcat was 525.. very bad)

both liverpool and bham dont look at UKCAT.
the difference is that bham specifies they want AA in bio and chem (AAB overall), liverpool just says AAB overall

also does anyone know how many places each uni has and how many applications they get? i've seen these details written in kings college's prospectus but i cant find this information anywhere for liverpool or bham

any advice on choosing one of these two would be useful as i really don't know, i want to stay close to home (london) but i've heard liverpool is easier to get into, also bham seems to have high standards!
Reply 1
Reply 2
abu.10
you won't get into bham, not enough A*'s at GCSE

For the last F***** time! Birmingham require some absurd amount of A* for MEDICINE ONLY. Do your research before giving people false hope ! :mad:
Reply 3
Andy Conda
For the last F***** time! Birmingham require some absurd amount of A* for MEDICINE ONLY. Do your research before giving people false hope ! :mad:

sorry i thought he wanted to do med... cause he never mentions dentistry in his thread and the thread came up in the "recent thread" section so did not notice.
Reply 4
haha..bham give out more offers than liverpool...i can assure you liverpool aint easy to get into..they are very strict about gcse's and work experieince
Reply 5
MAINMAN07
haha..bham give out more offers than liverpool...i can assure you liverpool aint easy to get into..they are very strict about gcse's and work experieince

they r both veyr similar in competition and have very very similar requirements
including same grade requirements... AAB and AA in bio and Chem!
Reply 6
I would personally say birmingham (not because I am applying there) but because I hear Liverpool has a lot of pbl in its course and is something which I dont find very appealing however you might find it something you would like. I would suggest going to their open days to see the campuses and think of which one you would be better suited to. Good luck in your choices and UCAS application etc
Reply 7
ooh i had decided on liverpool, but now i'm confused, everyone's replies seem to be towards birmingham! I don't like the pbl system at liverpool either, but i just want to get into dentistry somewhere!
Reply 8
MAINMAN07

my GCSE's aren't bad! .. and i've got 20 days of work experience in 3 areas of dentistry. how do you know bham gives more offers? how many do liverpool give and how many do bham give?
Reply 9
achibachi
they r both veyr similar in competition and have very very similar requirements
including same grade requirements... AAB and AA in bio and Chem!

if they're both very similar then i'll apply to liverpool and go with my instinct!
Reply 10
loll i ended up applyin to bham because they're closer to home.. and now i've got an interview (my only interview so far) on the 9th of december :biggrin:.. wasn't that lucky!
Reply 11
I have been to Liverpool yesterday and the city and the people are soo friendly as for the uni, the dental school is amazing!

Latest