Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
Henry12321
Gratz, what course? :smile:

physics three years but want to change it to 4
I've got an AAA offer for BSc Geography there! Totally buzzing about it haha!
I won't be too disappointed if I get rejected from Cam now because I love Durham to bits.

Any other VM geographers or bsc geographers around?

Good to see VM are flying in the Ultimate league. Still, I imagine Grey won't go down without a fight haha.

Our sixth form team played against a grey team and a durham team recently I think. We most likely got trashed haha. At the Edinburgh beginners tournament where Pies won, we played some pickup games with their players too which was absolutely awesome. Can't wait to play if I end up going there!
Congratulations!
Whoop, I've got a conditional for Economics :yeah:

Good to find some more people that have applied (or been allocated) here! :smile:
Stratocaster

Any other VM geographers or bsc geographers around?

Hey I've also got an AAA offer for bsc geography at Van Mildert!! So so excited, just got to make sure i get those As now i guess!!
I've got an offer for English at VM! Really not fussed about Cambridge now. :biggrin:
immediate_escape
I've got an offer for English at VM! Really not fussed about Cambridge now. :biggrin:

Bloody hell! Well done, the English course here is INSANELY good.
Danny_777
Bloody hell! Well done, the English course here is INSANELY good.

Thank you! You're doing a v good job of making Van Mildert seem fabby and friendly :smile:
Reply 29
Seconded.

Well done, you should be very proud of yourself. VM is a wicked college, I was going to go there last year.

Good luck with A-levels if you're not on a gap year!
immediate_escape
Thank you! You're doing a v good job of making Van Mildert seem fabby and friendly :smile:

That's okay, I :love: Mildert.

Come for the open day!
stripesandsparkles
Hey I've also got an AAA offer for bsc geography at Van Mildert!! So so excited, just got to make sure i get those As now i guess!!

Ah awesome! More physical geographers! :biggrin:
Are you going to one of the VM Open Days in March?

Feel free to drop me a line on msn if you want to talk volcanoes haha. :P
Stratocaster
Ah awesome! More physical geographers! :biggrin:
Are you going to one of the VM Open Days in March?

Feel free to drop me a line on msn if you want to talk volcanoes haha. :P

Yeahh I imagine i will go to one of the open days!! I know Durham's my first choice but i think it'll be fun just to go!! ha.

I don't really use msn to be honest! but if you have facebook or myspace feel free to add me on there [Lauren Day]

Looking at your other unis is Durham your firm if you don't get cambridge??
Reply 33
Physical geography sucks.
But Mildert is awesome.
stripesandsparkles
Looking at your other unis is Durham your firm if you don't get cambridge??

Yeah, it definetely will be.

arkbar
Physical geography sucks.
But Mildert is awesome.

Pah, physical geography does not suck! What did/do you study?
Reply 35
Stratocaster

Pah, physical geography does not suck! What did/do you study?

I studied for a BA in Geography and graduated a few months ago. And yes, it sucks :p:
Stratocaster

Ahhh cool, well best of look with Cambridge!! From looking at all your academic achievements it looks like you stand a good chance! did your interviews go well? At least if it doesn't all go well you've got Durham!! I got my durham offer the day i got rejected from oxford haha made it a lot easier!!
arkbar
I studied for a BA in Geography and graduated a few months ago. And yes, it sucks :p:

Haha, let's not start the whole human vs physical debate. I'll take you outside and destroy you with my rhyolitic caldera volcanoes. Your town planning will be no match for me! :P

On a serious note, how much mixing between physical and human are you able to do at Durham, because I've heard opposing views. I assumed it was always zilch or very little, but someone mentioned you could do modules from either one.

stripesandsparkles
Ahhh cool, well best of look with Cambridge!! From looking at all your academic achievements it looks like you stand a good chance! did your interviews go well? At least if it doesn't all go well you've got Durham!! I got my durham offer the day i got rejected from oxford haha made it a lot easier!!

Thanks a lot. :wink:
I'll need your luck though! My geography module results haven't been great really, although I'm much more confident for the A2 modules. The interviews went alright - not awful but certainly not great - so I'm not too confident. Still, I'd be absolutely delighted with going to Durham or any of my other unis to be honest, so I wouldn't be too disappointed if I got rejected. It would be awesome though :P

Right, sorry for hijacking the Van Mildert thread. I'll stop now!
Reply 38
Stratocaster
Haha, let's not start the whole human vs physical debate. I'll take you outside and destroy you with my rhyolitic caldera volcanoes. Your town planning will be no match for me! :P

On a serious note, how much mixing between physical and human are you able to do at Durham, because I've heard opposing views. I assumed it was always zilch or very little, but someone mentioned you could do modules from either one.
Human geog at Durham is pretty much the opposite of town planning, very philosophical, very theoretical.
Well, you can mix a fair bit, for example the 3rd year module on Hazards was about 50/50 human and physical and healthcare had some physical geographers in, aside from that, you're tied into producing a more 'human' or 'physical' dissertation at the end of your third year.
You can also take 1 module a year from outside the dept., physical-ers I know have tended to take geology/earth science, whereas humanz have taken more of the anthropology/sociology side.
Any other questions, let me know!
Reply 39
I have an offer for Nat Sci yay!

Quick Reply

Latest