The Student Room Group
wotthediddly?!
I going to finish my masters in september and I want to gain experience in working within IB's or related financial institutions as I know it's difficult to get onto grad scheme's without High UCAS points (I usually don't have enough!!).

Does anyone know who offers off-cycle internships in the UK? I've seen a lot for the summer and emailed a few who said I can apply for those but I'll be busy doing a dissertation at that time.

anyone got any advice???

cheers

European Banks generally offer off-cycle internship (BNP Paribas and Soc Gen), because they are more focused on the French type university system (which includes placement year).

Having said that most US banks also have some LT internships, just check the various websites.
Reply 2
wotthediddly?!
I going to finish my masters in september and I want to gain experience in working within IB's or related financial institutions as I know it's difficult to get onto grad scheme's without High UCAS points (I usually don't have enough!!).

Does anyone know who offers off-cycle internships in the UK? I've seen a lot for the summer and emailed a few who said I can apply for those but I'll be busy doing a dissertation at that time.

anyone got any advice???

cheers

aside from banks, which maybe hard pressed at the moment i recommend looking into think tanks/research institutes. At one now and am meeting all sorts of finance people. may not be ideal but you get exposed to all sorts of info
Reply 3
Interesting ss7, never thought about that ironically!! How did you get that post? is this more along the lines of government work if its a think tank?

Latest

Trending

Trending