The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ok, to put my mind at ease, for the last question I covered the learning theory, in detail, which took about a page, and then the evolutionary theory in a bit less detail but still covered the main points. It filled all the space but I didn't include any strengths or weaknesses of either theories. So will that mark me down?
strawberrywine_
Ok, to put my mind at ease, for the last question I covered the learning theory, in detail, which took about a page, and then the evolutionary theory in a bit less detail but still covered the main points. It filled all the space but I didn't include any strengths or weaknesses of either theories. So will that mark me down?

Unfortunatley I think it will, because the question did specifically ask you to evaluate the theorie
jelly1000
Unfortunatley I think it will, because the question did specifically ask you to evaluate the theorie

I kinda did one criticism of the learning theory. Would that be enough?
strawberrywine_
I kinda did one criticism of the learning theory. Would that be enough?

Well seeing as I'm not an examiner and I can't see what you wrote, unfortunatley I can't tell you.
jelly1000
Well seeing as I'm not an examiner and I can't see what you wrote, unfortunatley I can't tell you.

Clearly, but this is how it went;

The learning theory was made by.....And consists of....
Harlow's monkey's disproved this, by...

The evolutionary theory was made by... and consists of.

I think the learning theory is more accurate; which was my conclusion.

Anybody?
strawberrywine_

Anybody?

Well you should get some credit then for what you put about Harlow's monkeys [assuming it was correct of course]
It went better than I expected.
chrismalaga
I think I got about 54 marks, does anyone know what the grade boundries may be.. do you think that that is a B?

Chris :confused:

I got 54 in the mock and the teacher said it was a B.
But anyone else know for sure about the grade boundaries?
I thought it went really well - didn't know what to put for the teacher remembering faces one but apart from that I answered everything and felt pretty confident about all of that!
what did everyone put for the celeb magazine question?
and the why the strange situation isnt good?
and about how to bserve and catergorize the behaviours?
:s-smilie:
texastornado
what did everyone put for the celeb magazine question?

:s-smilie:

I found that one confusing.

I said that the MSM puts too much emphasis on rehearsal and semantic memory.

Anybody know whether this is right?
That paper was a godsend. Kind of annoyed at all the extra things I revised that didn't come up - e.g. billions of researchers and research methods.

Remember guys, we're the first to do this spec, they're likely to be a bit lenient. :smile:
i put down that it says rehaersal is the only way for info to transfer into the ltm and that flashbulb memories arent rehearsed yet they are stored in the ltm :s-smilie:
but what about the cultral variations one and the categorisation and observation one?
texastornado
i put down that it says rehaersal is the only way for info to transfer into the ltm and that flashbulb memories arent rehearsed yet they are stored in the ltm :s-smilie:
but what about the cultral variations one and the categorisation and observation one?

Umm, which cultural variations?

I put for the table one that secure attachments are clearly the most common but with significant variations, and for the second cultural question I put that most studies are from a Westernied culture, low ecological validity.
texastornado

I wrote that Secure was similar worldwide but country one differs from countries 2 and 3 because research has shown that non-west cultures have high insecure-resistant attachments compared to insecure-avoidant compared to western cultures and vice versa..
Reply 254
Mango24
who did PYA1 old spec?? :biggrin:

I did ... and PYA3 as well.
How did you find it??
strawberrywine_

Anybody?

I did the same, but in my conclusion I said that Bowlby's Theory is better.
Reply 256
8rose8
I did ... and PYA3 as well.
How did you find it??

I was very pleased:yep: I answered 2 (with the multistore model 18 marker) and 3 (with the privation 18 marker), which ones did you do?
Reply 257
I was pleased too! I was really surprised considering I went in thinking that I knew so little. I answered 1 (with the working model 18 marker) because I wasn't really confident on EWT. I answered 4 (with theories of attachment 18 marker) simply because it's all I knew! I hate attachments, I think it's a stupid subject =( I think I've done okay though. Were you resitting?
Reply 258
8rose8
I was pleased too! I was really surprised considering I went in thinking that I knew so little. I answered 1 (with the working model 18 marker) because I wasn't really confident on EWT. I answered 4 (with theories of attachment 18 marker) simply because it's all I knew! I hate attachments, I think it's a stupid subject =( I think I've done okay though. Were you resitting?

Yeah ha, Got an E last time due to a whole load of reasons, I've got a very good feeling about this one :p: I hate attachments aswell, I'm glad cross cultural variations or individual differences never came up!:biggrin:
Reply 259
I got a D, I'm hoping to get my grade up to C, maybe even a B. Did you resit any of the other ones? I'd have been alright if cultural differences came up 'cause I know Takahashi but that's about it really. I struggled writing about Bowlby's study on the effects privation, not sure I did it right though.

Latest