The Student Room Group

Best non touch screen phone?

Hello,
I'm currently due for an upgrade and I'm fairly rubbish with phones haha, so just wondering what the best non touch screen phone available at the moment is?
I'm quite certain I don't want a touch screen because I'm always texting and I don't think my clumsy fingers would do well with the touch screen haha.
I mainly use it for texting/calling although I'd like it to have a decent camera. I'm not too fussed about a music player seeing as I have an ipod nano anyway. Oh and it looking nice is always a bonus haha.
Can anyone help?
Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
get a nokia then :smile:
Reply 2
nokia e71
Reply 3
Sony Ericsson C905. 8 Megapixel. No Touch screen rubbish. Easy layout etc. I love it :biggrin:
Reply 4
nokia n96 is pretty good
samsung soul. (but has got a touch pad...)
Reply 6
I love my Sony Ericsson W85i (or something). But it only has a 2mp camera. Yes, I am no help but I just love my phone so much I need to show off about it XD
(I had a crappy phone for 3 years, am so happy so have a nice one at last!)
Any Nokia that you like the look of will do.
Thanks everyone, am going to start googling the phones mentioned haha.
I haven't owned a nokia for years, but my friend has the N96 I think it is, she says it's got some good features but I think it's a bit bulky for my liking. Any other nokia owners reckon they've got a better one? haha.
If you wanted a touch screen phone just dont take the protective film off the screen. That's what I've done

I have an LG KP500
PhYCo ThInKeR
samsung soul. (but has got a touch pad...)

Ooh I was thinking about this phone actually!
Do you own one? I was just asking because I've heard some bad things about the sound quality- that it's too quiet to hear when in a busy place. That sounds pretty concerning!
ive got the N78 its sexy x
If you're clumsy with a touch screen but want a wicked fone, then get the Blackberry Storm.

My god i love this phone. :smile:

It is touch screen, but also a button, watch some youtube reviews to see what i mean.
Reply 13
I love my new sony erricson w890i, it's so slim and sleek and if you're with O2 you get it in a lovely mocha brown colour :biggrin: The camera's 3.2 MP but doesn't have a flash- which might be annoying if you plan on using it alot. Has 2 GB memory included though! http://www.buying-a-mobile-phone.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/sonyericssonw890i.jpg
Reply 14
Nokia n85's like a toned down version of the n96, it's pretty good and, of course, much cheaper than the n96.
Reply 15

Gotta be a Nokia 3310, Thing of legend...
jamz0770

Gotta be a Nokia 3310, Thing of legend...

Haha, yes that was a classic, I had one myself, many years ago.
Looking for something a bit more modern this time around though haha!
Thanks everyone, still googling....
Reply 17
just dont get ericsson
Reply 18
Try This website, should make the searching a bit easier :p:, knock urself out :biggrin:
Sony Ericsson C902.

Latest