14 minors
Reply 2
My dignity.
mine was £135

1st time passer ^_^
Reply 4
£100 on the Sly :smile:
Reply 5
£100 Where :biggrin: I wanted to pay £100 Anything under £140 is ok...
Reply 6
how much does it knock off insurance?
i know someone who is doing it for under £90 atm, but thats in the midlands, and thats only for his previous students lol.

friends took his, cost him £120, and got a £200 discount off his insurance..
Reply 8
Yeh it takes £400 of mine if I do it.. I might as well do it for £140 thats with a SEAT I did it on another car and nothing changed like 30 pounds.
swatjosh
Hey guys how much did your pass plus cost?

Looking to get it as cheap as possible don't forget to reply with the cost + discount (if any) you received for taking test with them.

Post especially if you live in Preston.

In Great British Pound Sterling please!

Quick google gives some starters but mine (in Gloucestershire about 3 and a bit years ago) cost £120.
You might be able to get some funding for it from the council but it doesn't look like your area do that so it'll probably cost about £130 ish.
I got the equivalent of a year's no claims off my insurer for the first year after I passed but it goes after one year. Mind you, by then I had a years no claims and they (egg) dropped another six months no claims in for me.
There should be some more int on the advanced driving thread (see the link in my sig) or looking on ADUK should give a bit more advice.
As it is, the main cost is pre set for the PP, it's the extras and the quality of instruction that make the real difference.
Good luck, and remember, we're ALL still learning!

*edit to add* Remember that the benefits of the Pass Plus are more than just financial! But these points have been covered ad nausuem elsewhere...
i didnt do it, waste of money
I did this after I passed my test, it cost £150 and I saved £200 on insurance.
Reply 12
Loads of companies say this "The Pass Plus course which is designed and monitored by the Driving Standards Agency is available from £99" What does that mean ? You need to do the whole course in a day or what ?
isnt it a seried of a few lessons, but you pay a single fee for them all?
mine was less than £75:smile:
Reply 15
Huh? from £99 usually implies that it could be 99 but it could also be 140. Whats the T+Cs you reckon?
Reply 16
Actually just rang up 2 companies and nither was £99 one was £120 the other was £160 WTF? lol
Reply 17
£100 :smile: Though I know my driving instructor has since put it up by £20, dunno why.

Edit:
swatjosh
Loads of companies say this "The Pass Plus course which is designed and monitored by the Driving Standards Agency is available from £99" What does that mean ? You need to do the whole course in a day or what ?

Mine was 6 hours. I think that's the minimum though you can do more. I did it in three 2hr sessions over two and a half weeks. My sister did it in two 3 hour sessions. I expect it depends on who you do it with and what you prefer and time slots and so on.
Reply 18
cokeclock
£100 :smile: Though I know my driving instructor has since put it up by £20, dunno why.

This fecking credit crucnch can suck my ballz
Reply 19
I did it this time last year as it'd help my insurance and i think it was about £160 but saves me £50/year so will be good in the long run..

Latest