The Student Room Group

Why are scousers hated?

Well I'm not technically scouse (moved to Liverpool when I was a baby) but I do speak with a scouse accent. Anyway every wednesday and Friday I travel to a certian place in England to train (football) and there some ppl make jokes about my scouse accent, I mean I know they are joking but I was just curious because some people just hate scousers. It annoys me, I don't mind people joking saying like 'what have you robbed today scouse'? But there are ****s out there who genuinly hate scousers, why is this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
CinderellaDontGo
Anyway every wednesday and Friday I travel to a certian place in England to train (football) and there some ppl make jokes about my scouse accent, I mean I know they are joking but I was just curious because some people just hate scousers. It annoys me, I don't mind people joking saying like 'what have you robbed today scouse'? But there are ****s out there who genuinly hate scousers, why is this?

You accept that they are joking and yet claim people actually hate scousers?

And no, people don't hate scousers, just pity them. :rolleyes:

(that was a joke btw before you start.........)
Reply 3
I don't understand it either, I love scousers!
Not by me... :love:
I don't know.
Steven Gerrard. :yep:
Frodz
You accept that they are joking and yet claim people actually hate scousers?

And no, people don't hate scousers, just pity them. :rolleyes:

(that was a joke btw before you start.........)

wrong, people do hate scousers like they hate Americans
Reply 8
You've just started a, 'Why do you hate scousers?' thread, nice one einstein.
Reply 9
^^ aha that video's great.
I lovee scouse accents, like zak from hollyoaks :yep:
Most groups of people are stereotyped. Scots, for example, are said to be tight fisted...but that doesn't mean people will hate you. Stereotype of scousers is that they're thiefs and chavs....neither of which are liked in any way. Obviously not everyone fits into this but as you yourself group Scousers as one group who are all the same, so do other people who attribute the stereotype to them :smile:
Reply 11
CinderellaDontGo
wrong, people do hate scousers like they hate Americans

Since when? Any evidence of this?
Reply 12
Because they have irritating accents.
Frodz
Since when? Any evidence of this?

I know plently of people who hate scousers, eg, Gary Neville.

I also know of plenty of people who hate Americans, eg, Osama Bin Laden.
Reply 14
Dom152
Because they have irritating accents.

I'll give you the Scouse accent bit cos I hate mine but nothing wrong with American accents.
Reply 15
The scouse are disgusting people who exemplify everything that's wrong with the country.
try bein a londoner (no we are NOT all unfriendly)
People always presume I'm scouse if they're not from round here, even though any scouser would blatantly tell you I'm not. I think it's all to do with stereotypes really, but starting a thread saying all scousers are hated by everyone is just as bad really.
Reply 18
HelloKitty2890

Oi London is the most awesome place in the world, the rest of the country is just jealous.
Reply 19
Shaun1991
I know plently of people who hate scousers, eg, Gary Neville.

I also know of plenty of people who hate Americans, eg, Osama Bin Laden.

Are you saying Gary Neville is Osama Bin Laden in disguise?

:eek:

HelloKitty2890

No, to be fair, coming from kent that one is very true.