The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
pendroons
Noones answered the question thats been posted a few times...

Can you only apply for student finance after you've chosen your firm and insurance????????

I don't know :cool:
pendroons
Noones answered the question thats been posted a few times...

Can you only apply for student finance after you've chosen your firm and insurance????????

No, you can do it now.
Okay, so I've obviously put I didn't want my application to be income assessed somewhere... is there any way to edit this?
Reply 63
Just so people know, its easier to do it by paper instead of online.
And here comes a 40 pages form to be filled in with lots of messing about with passports (am off on holiday so they best not lose it).
Reply 64
GrahamFromJeremyKyle
Okay, so I've obviously put I didn't want my application to be income assessed somewhere... is there any way to edit this?

At the end - as long as you haven't submitted - and you go into My Account it comes up with the application and a list of things you've completed, like the first one is Elegibilty something. Click on these and you can then Edit (bottom right of the new page once clicked)
Thanks :biggrin: Sooooo... it asks me about taxable unearned income such as interest from building societies and stuff... how do i find out the exact amount? how do i know if its been taxed? ive been 18 for 4 months! lol. Soooooo madly confused...
Orthala
At the end - as long as you haven't submitted - and you go into My Account it comes up with the application and a list of things you've completed, like the first one is Elegibilty something. Click on these and you can then Edit (bottom right of the new page once clicked)

It appears I've submitted it... hrmm
Reply 67
DiamondsAreForever
Thanks :biggrin: Sooooo... it asks me about taxable unearned income such as interest from building societies and stuff... how do i find out the exact amount? how do i know if its been taxed? ive been 18 for 4 months! lol. Soooooo madly confused...

Interest from savings and current accounts. Do you have savings or not? If not just put £0. Interest from current accounts is so negilible no-one will care.
Reply 68
GrahamFromJeremyKyle
It appears I've submitted it... hrmm

lol lame. Phone them up on Monday or Tuesday (although expect a nice long wait!)

Sometimes they have an online thingy ma bob which you can talk to someone about stuff.
Yeah I have interest in a savings account with national savings however its currently in the process of being shoved into a Cash ISA ... complicated lol. Are you sure its okay to not include interest from current accounts? And all this interest business... do you only include it since you have been 18 , as your only eligible to be taxed from the age of 18? Sorry if im talking crap!
Reply 70
DiamondsAreForever
Yeah I have interest in a savings account with national savings however its currently in the process of being shoved into a Cash ISA ... complicated lol. Are you sure its okay to not include interest from current accounts? And all this interest business... do you only include it since you have been 18 , as your only eligible to be taxed from the age of 18? Sorry if im talking crap!

You can be taxed before you're 18.

Well just put an approximate value of the interest you've earnt from those savings over the last year.
Orthala
You can be taxed before you're 18.

Well just put an approximate value of the interest you've earnt from those savings over the last year.

I dont have a clue , the interest rate for the account changed from 3.6 % to 0.10% and lots of variations inbetween, and well... I'm confused and i will shut up now cos I guess im confusing people :biggrin:
DiamondsAreForever
I dont have a clue , the interest rate for the account changed from 3.6 % to 0.10% and lots of variations inbetween, and well... I'm confused and i will shut up now cos I guess im confusing people :biggrin:

Do you have a savings account? NOT a regular bank account, a specific savings one?
Reply 73
I'm registering and already confused... On the first bit (terrible of me, I know) when it says 'are you registering to:" which one do you pick?

Edit: I'm sorry if that's already been covered, I'm feeling a little lazy today and that's alot to go through! Forgive me XD
Joanna May
Do you have a savings account? NOT a regular bank account, a specific savings one?

Yup its a specific savings account
DiamondsAreForever
Yup its a specific savings account

So just work out the interest on it and put that down.
Lol, the site just crashed. :s-smilie:
littleshambles
Lol, the site just crashed. :s-smilie:

yupppp... happened to me too
Reply 78
Natsuko
I'm registering and already confused... On the first bit (terrible of me, I know) when it says 'are you registering to:" which one do you pick?

Edit: I'm sorry if that's already been covered, I'm feeling a little lazy today and that's alot to go through! Forgive me XD

Pick the first option.
The second option is for parents/carers
The third option is for someone who is a parent, but also is applying to student finance.
Reply 79
EagleHawk
Pick the first option.
The second option is for parents/carers
The third option is for someone who is a parent, but also is applying to student finance.

Thank-you very much! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest