The Student Room Group
Make sure you're not blocking the air vents?
Reply 2
put a hoover near the fans, clean it up a bit...
Clean out the fans? Get it checked by someone who knows about laptops - should be an easy fix. Dust can build up inside.
what laptop is it?
Reply 5
Dell Inspiron 1525 and do the vents gets that dusty after only 6 months?
Davidosh
Dell Inspiron 1525 and do the vents gets that dusty after only 6 months?

well it depends on the environment.

you could try turning off the laptop, then sticking a hoover brush nozzle over all possible vents
Reply 7
Does the fan just sound overly loud, or is there a noticeable whirring/buzzing noise that wasn't there before? The former means the fan's just clogged up, the latter most likely means the fan needs replacing completely...

Oh also, if you're going to use a vacuum cleaner on your PC, make sure you hold the fan in place, if you don't it'll generate static = bad.
This might help? :smile:
well then you'd better open a window and light up a run way for it! are you any good with air traffic control?
AlphabetABC
put a hoover near the fans, clean it up a bit...

wtf thats bad advice my manual actually says not to do this.
It might be the fans but go into task manager and check to see what the CPU usage is. If it is really high there maybe a program that you are running which is eating into the CPU
Reply 12
Never use a hoover...
Buy a can of compressed air. Better than using a hoover, unless you put some kind of filter over the end of the nozzle (a normal sock should do the job, as long as it lets air through).
Reply 14
Mine does that too, it's louder than the TV sometimes:P x
Reply 15
Yeah, your fans need dusting. Do it now, before it starts over-heating.
Reply 16
Holy christ, look at that post train!

Mods, help? D:

EDIT: Was that just a problem with my other laptop, or is there a exceptionally speedy mod out there?
I have the opposite problem. My plane sounds like a brand new laptop, and I keep running over people who don't see it coming.

Latest

Trending

Trending