The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When I did AS last year, I started revising just before the Easter holidays (and did loads of revision in the Easter hols and in study leave). I did a bit of revision here and there from about February though :p:
Reply 2
I might start my hardcore revision during Easter. But for now, I'm making sure my notes are up to date and I am recapping over what I learnt in class just to make sure I understand.
Reply 3
the night before the exam :smile:
Reply 4
King4eva

i used to do that:tongue:
but not anymore its better to start revising about a month before, you could do it earlier if you think your going to struggle.
JayAyy
I might start my hardcore revision during Easter. But for now, I'm making sure my notes are up to date and I am recapping over what I learnt in class just to make sure I understand.

:yep: me too, hopefully i won't be busy in easter
Reply 6
I think there is no need to revise now, just make sure everything is up to date (as in notes), and that you understand everything you're doing.

I'm doing that with my Science subjects, But with Psychology and English it's just the homework's I'm completing and that;s about it. I find with those subjects I can revise about 4 weeks before the exam and do OK but the sciences require longer. I mean atm I hardly know anything for Psychology because I haven't been revising because the exam is in 3 months but when it gets nearer my head will be down for it seeing as I don't fully know everything, although as I said my notes are up to date so as long as you're doing that when revision comes it'll be a doddle. (optimism :tongue:)
Reply 7
EssexGirl22
i used to do that:tongue:
but not anymore its better to start revising about a month before, you could do it earlier if you think your going to struggle.

Same here
Reply 8
Easter will be my beggining
Reply 9
i'm gradually starting it now, can never start revising too early.
Reply 10
Deyn_08
i'm gradually starting it now, can never start revising too early.

:ditto:
Reply 11
2 months before. The safest bet. Obviously nearer to the exam isn't going to get you a fail but if you start that far away from the exam there'll be less pressure the last few days running up to the exam, especialy if you've got other exams around the same time.
King4eva

started my stat GCSE from scratch the night before the exam, got a A in the end, but i wished i putted more time into it:frown: ..so i'm not risking a-level...maybe easter:yep:
I got by fine without revising throughout the year.
I've started reading through my notes...serious revision will start in a few weeks.
i have never revised.
Reply 16
so long as ur notes are in order n everythins spick and span then Easter sounds just about rite. i started after Easter last year n did gud. wudnt recommend revising the nite before, thatd be verging on panic.
Reply 17
I've been writing up revision notes as I go along, but I don't know when I'll actually start revising. I planned to start revising for the January exams a couple of months before but that never happened...
Just go through mark schemes and examiners reports the night before the exam and you're guaranteed an A.

Unfortunately, I think there's more truth in that than you might at first think.
Reply 19
I can't work until I'm in a state of panic, so for me, it was May/June.

I didn't even have my biology books until the day before the exams, but the state of panic enabled me to concentrate for 12 hours solid.

Depends on what kind of person you are, really! Just make sure you understand it all, before it's too late to ask your teachers.