Help me brethren of TSR!

(Females can reply too obviously.)

I NEED to get a B in Mechanics (Maths).

Current results;
C1 - 78 UMS
C2 - 69 UMS
M1 - 72 UMS
C3 Coursework - 23 UMS

(I had all my exams on the same day, had to stay at a teacher’s house so I am pretty sure I could have done MUCH better.... 8 exams on one day killed me...)

Now I have been put in for M2, C3 and C4.

I did terribly in M2, but I knew I could have done much better again, I had a cold and felt like poop - obviously no excuse but still, I could have done much better.

I need 420 and currently I have 242.
I can get a possible 275 from M2 C3 and C4. (C3 being only 75 due to coursework).

So I was thinking, since I screwed up M2 I will be retaking it (depends on results but obviously I still am pretty sure I will retake), should I retake C1 and C2 also?

I only have 2 other exams (excluding C3 and C4) in the summer... so that's 4 exams I am taking this summer, retaking C1 and C2 shouldn't be too hard right? I may have to retake M2 also... so would 5 maths modules be a bit too difficult..?

As C3 and C4 are much harder, I may end up doing badly in them as I would also have to concentrate on the other C1, C2 and M2 exams....

Overall what I'm trying to get at is... what should I retake to assure I get a B... if I don't get a B I'll miss out on my firm and insurance :frown:.

What I'm thinking is retaking C1 and C2, and hopefully boosts them by 10 marks each so I could lose that amount in C3 and C4 quite comfortably...

I know it’s a long post but please give me your opinion :smile:.
U should probably retake C1 and get ur C3 up to a higher grade
Reply 2
Da_hopeful_1
U should probably retake C1 and get ur C3 up to a higher grade

Get my C3 up to a higher grade? Haven't done it yet.

I thought I might retake C2 rather than C1 anyway since C3 and C2 share some methods etc like differentiation and integration?
Reply 3
Daisuke
Get my C3 up to a higher grade? Haven't done it yet.

I thought your post meant you had 23 in it? ...I think the reason not many have responded is that it is confusing.
DEFINITELY C2 in my opinion.
Well revised it is a good one to retake.
Good luck, and I love your avatar by the way. :smile:
Reply 5
BJP
I thought your post meant you had 23 in it? ...I think the reason not many have responded is that it is confusing.

C3 "Coursework".

In the C3 module you have a coursework aswell, which counts as 25%, and then the exam counts for the other 75%... We had already done the coursework and I got 23/25... (So that's 23 UMS marks).

Electric_Dreams
DEFINITELY C2 in my opinion.
Well revised it is a good one to retake.
Good luck, and I love your avatar by the way. :smile:

What about C1?

Reply 6
Ahh I see, in my maths course (OCR) there is no coursework. So that's why I for one didn't know what was going on.

Yeah well, no excuses for not getting an A or a B if you have coursework.

I'd retake C2 because it's so mechanical if you revise well and prepare well it's a certain 90+
Reply 7
BJP
Ahh I see, in my maths course (OCR) there is no coursework. So that's why I for one didn't know what was going on.

Yeah well, no excuses for not getting an A or a B if you have coursework.

I'd retake C2 because it's so mechanical if you revise well and prepare well it's a certain 90+

Yeah but the coursework overall is 1/24 of overall grade or something silly like that.

Also what about C1?
Reply 8
I would say only retake one of them, as that's more manageable, and I would say that C1 is much easier C2 so that's the one to do, but if you think you'll be better off doing C2 because of the crossover with C3 then do that. But I think C1.

Good Luck!
Reply 9
Bumped yet again for justice.
Reply 10
Kitsch
I would say only retake one of them, as that's more manageable, and I would say that C1 is much easier C2 so that's the one to do, but if you think you'll be better off doing C2 because of the crossover with C3 then do that. But I think C1.

Good Luck!

Would you think C1 and C2 alongside C3 and C4 and M2 would be a bit too much?
Reply 11
Daisuke
Would you think C1 and C2 alongside C3 and C4 and M2 would be a bit too much?

You'll probably find C1 and C2 relatively straightforward by the summer, such that retaking them won't seem like a big deal at all.
BJack
You'll probably find C1 and C2 relatively straightforward by the summer, such that retaking them won't seem like a big deal at all.

Yeah this, once you get to A2 modules, AS stuff is relatively easy (ensuring you do all the past papers etc.)
Reply 13
I guess I'll put myself in for retakes on both C1 and C2... if M2 goes badly (below 70 UMS), I'll retake that too.

Latest