The Student Room Group

Economics offers 2009

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5280
Paulwhy
Well that depends on what langauge is being used: English or Paulish. :biggrin:

Must remember that one, I like it :yep:
Moogen
At the risk of being pedantic, its pedantic not perdantic.

At the risk of being even more pedantic, it's "it's". :tongue:
Reply 5282
somemightsay

I couldn't find anything wrong with this, damn. I bet you went over it about 100 times to make sure there wasn't though :wink:
in b4 mod says off-topic
Reply 5284
Roundabout
in b4 mod says off-topic

Added a little sentence in Post #1 :yep:
Reply 5285
somemightsay

:getmecoat:
Reply 5286
In The Times league table, Warwick and Durham are next to each other, so why are you so shocked?

AFAIK, 70% is a first.

How come you got an ABBB Notts offer? Not seen another one which is different to the standard AAA/AABB.
Check the Economics undergraduate module pages.

Check the Warwick Economics entry on unistats.
Reply 5288
That kind of defeats the object of having an insurance if the offer is arguably harder to get than the Warwick one?
she probably likes the place more

how did the hand holding go
Reply 5290
Surely as the UCL offer is higher, it would be better to have Warwick firm Notts insurance?
At the moment I have Oxford as Firm and UCL as Insurance. However, if I were to get, say, 38 points and HL666 and Oxford asked me to reapply (likely since I'm deferred), how hard would it be to get rid of UCL?
Just got some feedback from Bristol about my rejection. It basically confirms that economics at Bristol was even more competitive this year (+14% in the number of applicants).

Spoiler

Reply 5293
Ah fair enough. You've already completed 3 A2's i take it then?
Reply 5294
Ah, cool. Well good luck with the remainder of the exams - just work hard and theres no reason why you should miss the grade. What "infos" do you need? :tongue:
Reply 5295
Haha. Understandable to put heavy weighting on a statistic like that but you have to remember - quality over quantity my friend :wink:
Reply 5296
cactus_c
Just got some feedback from Bristol about my rejection. It basically confirms that economics at Bristol was even more competitive this year (+14% in the number of applicants).

Spoiler

Word for word the email they sent me a couple of days ago as feedback too.
cactus_c

Spoiler

Jackus

This is the kind of non-specific unhelpful feedback that many unis provide. But at least Bristol do publicly declare the assessment criterea they use:
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/efm/prospective-undergraduates/admissions/school-admissions-2009.pdf.
Reply 5298
Roundabout
At the moment I have Oxford as Firm and UCL as Insurance. However, if I were to get, say, 38 points and HL666 and Oxford asked me to reapply (likely since I'm deferred), how hard would it be to get rid of UCL?

Ridiculously easy, I phoned UCL to turn their offer down less than 2 weeks before the start of term. They didn't mind, asked me to write them an email with my reapplication to explain, and subsequently gave me an unconditional offer the second year.

Edit: They did have a 40% excess, so I was probably doing them a favour.
Jackus

well tbh with you, do you really think they have time to give you a personal reply and do you really think they care about you once your app is in the bin

Quick Reply

Latest