The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
dave mohammad
Its the family's fault for allowing the girl to be open to that opportunity.

It's your fault for trying to convince men that raping people is acceptable.
Reply 101
dave mohammad
one of the criticisms is that islam represses women. but i think women here have too much freedom which inevitably causes them distress later on.

Who the hell are you to dictate how much freedom a woman should get or not? How the hell can you base your want on having an Islamic Britain simply because women have too much freedom here?
Guess what I’m a Muslim (and you can probably guess not an extreme one) and I wouldn't want to live in an Islamic country (at least not yet, maybe when I’m older) - women are ridiculously oppressed in Islamic countries: not being able to travel without a man, arrested on site for not wearing a Hijab, get stoned or beaten for stupid reasons like its your fault for getting raped… I could go on.
Ok fair enough Britain isn’t all that with whole binge-drinking, teenage pregnancies and stuff…but if you can keep away from that then your fine besides if you don’t like it you can easily move.
Its people like you who give Islam a bad name, you sexist pig
dave mohammad

Again, you're forgetting that guy. You know, the RAPIST?
Reply 103
dave mohammad

And thats why I think the religion is ridiculous, would never follow it and would rather move country then have to bow down to it.
Reply 104
dave mohammad
if both women are wearing the hijab he would lose his ardour while debating which one to shag, then give up and go for a ****.

I can only presume this is from personal experience.
xxAFFxx
Who the hell are you to dictate how much freedom a woman should get or not? How the hell can you base your want on having an Islamic Britain simply because women have too much freedom here?
Guess what I’m a Muslim (and you can probably guess not an extreme one) and I wouldn't want to live in an Islamic country (at least not yet, maybe when I’m older) - women are ridiculously oppressed in Islamic countries: not being able to travel without a man, arrested on site for not wearing a Hijab, get stoned or beaten for stupid reasons like its your fault for getting raped… I could go on.
Ok fair enough Britain isn’t all that with whole binge-drinking, teenage pregnancies and stuff…but if you can keep away from that then your fine besides if you don’t like it you can easily move.
Its people like you who give Islam a bad name, you sexist pig

Malaysia and Indonesia it isnt like that. Dont assume the Saudi/Gulf standard applies everywhere.
dave mohammad
one of the criticisms is that islam represses women. but i think women here have too much freedom which inevitably causes them distress later on.

and you defeat your own point by your own hand

dave mohammad
Lets suppose Mrs Briscoe had been found galivanting around the streets of Lancaster wearing next to nothing, drunken and emerging from the beds of several young men. Maybe, at worst, you would feel inclined to smack her and physically prevent that kind of behaviour happening again. Supposing you didnt act in this fashion and some injury, pregnancy or even rape occured as a result of her drunken shenanigans, then she would indeed come to more harm. Conservative views are tried and tested, they work. Also asserting your dominance in this fashion ensures the survival of your own genetic heritage. Quran makes sense in terms of its views on marital conduct.

and if we were conservative - oh whats the use? your a troll
Reply 107
dave mohammad
Malaysia and Indonesia it isnt like that. Dont assume the Saudi/Gulf standard applies everywhere.

What the hell do you care? You want to impose the Saudi/Gulf standard on everybody!
Agrippa
What the hell do you care? You want to impose the Saudi/Gulf standard on everybody!

lets walk before we can fly chaps. we do need to move away from this culture of instant gratification inshallah
This is a useless topic to debate in the first place.
The English are much too brilliant to adopt any such oppressive sharia laws.

A woman shouldn't have to disguise herself for some disgusting pedophile/rapist/molester. If anyone justifies said actions by saying 'she wasn't covering herself up, ergo she was asking for it': they should be taken to the back of a building and shot.
Reply 110
dave mohammad

:eek: Yes because men are faultless in that respect aren't they? Oh...we have too much freedom? who are you to decide what too much freedom is? God has given everyone the freedom to choose what they want so let people make their own choices and face the consequences for themselves. Look at your own faults before criticising others (maybe you might want to start with your sexist attitude). All humans are equal- men or women. Yes women have freedom- it's a basic human right! They have freedom and with that freedom some have achieved amazing things! Some have not done so well but that was their choice. It is the same for men- they have freedom and some have done great things whereas others have completely screwed up.
dave mohammad

Please explain how exactly freedom "distresses" women?

I think women who are bought up in stict Islamic households are far more distressed than their British counterparts. I know for a fact if I had to live how Islamic women have to I would be extremely distressed.

dave mohammad
But female empowerment has nothing to do with science. If anything it is against the biological principles.

Now you are just being down right sexist. Name me one thing a women can't do equally well as a man? Biological principles have nothing to do with what a woman can and can't do.

If a woman is intelligent then there is no reason why she shouldn't become a doctor, lawyer, dentist etc. In fact there is no reason to keep any woman out of work.

Women aren't just there to stay at home and pander to a man's every need. I am glad we live in an equal society where woman and men share household and childcaring responsibilities.

Fair enough, one day when I have children I would love to stay at home and be a housewife but that is through my own choice and I want to have a career first. Women should have a choice of ife path, not be told they have to do this and that.
Andrii
:eek: Yes because men are faultless in that respect aren't they? Oh...we have too much freedom? who are you to decide what too much freedom is? God has given everyone the freedom to choose what they want so let people make their own choices and face the consequences for themselves. Look at your own faults before criticising others (maybe you might want to start with your sexist attitude). All humans are equal- men or women. Yes women have freedom- it's a basic human right! They have freedom and with that freedom some have achieved amazing things! Some have not done so well but that was their choice. It is the same for men- they have freedom and some have done great things whereas others have completely screwed up.

but what is happening in contemporary britain now is that the women are more masculine than the men. that is absurd. it all goes sour though in the end, look at that yorkshirewoman on the apprentice 06
dave mohammad
Why fight jihad? Would an Islamic Britain really be a bad thing - like worse than our present culture?

A sharia britain? i don't think so =/
Britain is a multicultural society so putting a sharia law in place is totally gna cause a lot of trouble! If you really want to go under the sharia law then why not go an islamic countits the best option because that way everyone is happy :smile:
Reply 114
dave mohammad
lets walk before we can fly chaps. we do need to move away from this culture of instant gratification inshallah

no YOU want to move away from the culture , not WE , ONLY YOU, AND YOU CAN DO THAT BY PISSING OFF TO MIDDLE EAST WERE YOU BELONG.
Leave Britian the way it is - i'm a muslim by the way.
Reply 115
dave mohammad
but what is happening in contemporary britain now is that the women are more masculine than the men. that is absurd.

Define masculine. Believe it or not women are capable of thinking for themselves, working and taking charge of their own life. How is it absurd? Is it absurd for an intelligent woman to be a doctor, lawyer, engineer? Is it absurd for her to build a life for herself?

As I said please expand on why you believe women are more "masculine".
Fairy_and_stardust
A sharia britain? i don't think so =/
Britain is a multicultural society so putting a sharia law in place is totally gna cause a lot of trouble! If you really want to go under the sharia law then why not go an islamic countits the best option because that way everyone is happy :smile:

i will not rest until Fiona Bruce reads her news wearing a burkha.
dave mohammad

If you dont like Britain's culture, or Britain's people, I suggest YOU move away. Why dont you?
Reply 118
dave mohammad
Why fight jihad? Would an Islamic Britain really be a bad thing - like worse than our present culture?

Oh and by the way here is a thought. Instead of wasting your time thinking you’re trying to help Muslims by imposing the Sharia law in Britain, why don’t you have a little think about those Muslims needlessly dying in Palestine.
MORON
Reply 119
dave mohammad
i will not rest until Fiona Bruce reads her news wearing a burkha.

Why should women wear a burkha? Because men are incapable of handling their own desires?