The Student Room Group

Facebook - do people know if you look at their profile?

Ok so as far as I know the answer to this is no, but I'm getting a bit freaked out as recently I've been spying on a few peoples profiles (people I'm not Facebook friends with) then I go back a few weeks later and they've made their profile private. I'm getting a bit paranoid now because its happening with literally everyone I spy on!

Is there anyway my computers doing something that lets them know I've been on their page? Is there a new app that lets people know this info? Or are more people in general just making their profiles private?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I dont believe so. Probably just paranoia. Facebook stalk on!
Thats weird!

Have you/they left any shared networks since?

becuase you can view people in the same network as you,

regardless if you are fb friends or not

Hope this helps!
Reply 3
Basically, on MOST people's Facebook's it won't tell you whether someone's looked at your profile.

But you YOUR computer everyone knows when you've looked at their profile. It comes up in massive red writing as a new notification. It's the curse of being a stalker...
Reply 4
sugar-plum-fairy
Thats weird!

Have you/they left any shared networks since?

becuase you can view people in the same network as you,

regardless if you are fb friends or not

Hope this helps!

That depends on your privacy settings!
Only if they're a subscriber.
I think that those '6' (can be changed to more) friends that appear linked to your profile aren't actually 100% random but have some sort of correlation to who last viewed your profile or something? Some people definitely appear on mine more often than others. hmm
Reply 7
No one knows if you have looked at their profile or not. It could be that the reason they make their page private is to stop fraud, ie some people put loads of personal details such as full name, date of birth etc, which could easily be used by a fraudster.

Dont worry , they havent a clue that you are looking at their page.
Nope, as far as I know, other users won't know what profiles you go on. Maybe the Facebook admins do though... :ninja:
zakiman
That depends on your privacy settings!

opps forgot to mention that bit!!!!!
Reply 10
Deep down inside, they will know.
Reply 11
YES! I was really freaked out by this as I didn't think they'd ever be able to know. But once, my notifications told me everyone that had tried to see my profile that day. I'm not sure how, but it said 'so and so' was unable to view you page.
Reply 12
DrunkHoboGuy
Some people definitely appear on mine more often than others.

That is the nature of randomness.
Reply 13
oh wow
YES! I was really freaked out by this as I didn't think they'd ever be able to know. But once, my notifications told me everyone that had tried to see my profile that day. I'm not sure how, but it said 'so and so' was unable to view you page.

that was just one of the error i think, it happened to me too
Reply 14
letv
that was just one of the error i think, it happened to me too

but it means they'd know that you had tried to see their page :s-smilie: haha facebook stalking really does cause paranoia, I should not do it.
theres an app you can put on your profile which tells you whos been on your profile- so yes, people can find out
Bobo1234
theres an app you can put on your profile which tells you whos been on your profile- so yes, people can find out

what application is this?
Hathlan
That is the nature of randomness.

I mean there definitely appears to be a correlation. Those people who come up more either appear to be those I'd expect to be viewing my profile OR the facebook addicts- aka "Joe Bloggs is updating his status" X10 every day.
Reply 18
oh wow
but it means they'd know that you had tried to see their page :s-smilie: haha facebook stalking really does cause paranoia, I should not do it.

no because they selected the people on your friendlist randomly :yep:
oh wow

yeah that happened to me too! freaked me out so much because I don't really know half of the people that tried to look at my profile!!

Latest