The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

nasia
What's a PG Hall? If they haven't any rooms available, they send you there?
Thank you so much!

PG is postgraduate. Hawkridge isn't an exclusively PG hall, it's just made up mostly of them.

I reckon that they shipped the last unlucky undergrads here as well, everyone I've spoken to says that they got their accommodation offer literally a week before moving in, while others had got theirs mid-August.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
When it ask for a department on the accommodation form, I'm not sure what to put, they seem to use the department or faculty terms rather loosely. It says the Faculty of Maths and Physical Sciences, but then also says Department of Maths and Physical Sciences, but I though it was the physics department. Anyone got any idea which is which? I really don't wanna give them an excuse to send this back
I just put MAPS for chemistry. The way I saw it was:
Faculty: MAPS
Department: Chemistry
Subject: Chemistry

I doubt they would send it back either way!
MulderMan
I just put MAPS for chemistry. The way I saw it was:
Faculty: MAPS
Department: Chemistry
Subject: Chemistry

I doubt they would send it back either way!

Yeah i solved it, although MAPS is in the department list it is in the other related sections. I you click on MAPS it says faculty if you click on physics & astronomy it says the department of... so hopefully will send that baby off tomorrow.:yep:

Anyone know what the likelihood of me getting my choices? Considering it's going off today 1st class.
Reply 1184
rockrunride
PG is postgraduate. Hawkridge isn't an exclusively PG hall, it's just made up mostly of them.

I reckon that they shipped the last unlucky undergrads here as well, everyone I've spoken to says that they got their accommodation offer literally a week before moving in, while others had got theirs mid-August.

lol, so obvious! thank u! do you mean that at the very last time they check if they have some free rooms and send the offer then?oh dear.. and sth else, a graduate can still live at other halls,like ramsay, ashtor etc or these are just for undergrad student and there are others for grad?!
nasia
lol, so obvious! thank u! do you mean that at the very last time they check if they have some free rooms and send the offer then?oh dear.. and sth else, a graduate can still live at other halls,like ramsay, ashtor etc or these are just for undergrad student and there are others for grad?!

I dunno about that, tbh. I've only known grads living in private accommodation or at Hawkridge.
Reply 1186
rockrunride
I dunno about that, tbh. I've only known grads living in private accommodation or at Hawkridge.

I see,thanks a lot again!:smile:
Reply 1187
Havnt really got time to search the 1000 or so posts here so sorry if this has been answered already. Im currently trying to decide whether to put Cambridge or UCL as my firm choice. One of the major factors for me wanting to put UCL is that i am by no means guarenteed to make my STEP grades for maths and have been told that UCL wont guarentee accommodation for people who put them as their reserve. Just wondered if anyone had any info on what the statistics are for getting accomodation after taking them as their reserve choice?

Cheers
Reply 1188
Rbates1
Havnt really got time to search the 1000 or so posts here so sorry if this has been answered already. Im currently trying to decide whether to put Cambridge or UCL as my firm choice. One of the major factors for me wanting to put UCL is that i am by no means guarenteed to make my STEP grades for maths and have been told that UCL wont guarentee accommodation for people who put them as their reserve. Just wondered if anyone had any info on what the statistics are for getting accomodation after taking them as their reserve choice?

Cheers

are you by any chance an international?
Reply 1189
nope applying from England
Reply 1190
you might not get placed in the best dorm.

my advice is your really just have to think very hard about how likely you are to make your offer. if you really don't think you can make your cambridge offer...you should go for UCL...if you think you can make it then go for cambridge.

i'm not sure exactly how i works but there was something about a "trading up" period. I would recommend looking at the forum on making your UCAS choices because it really explains how making your firm and insurance choices work.
Reply 1191
I just sent off my accomodation application and put shared flats as my priority.
Besides I put something about 117 pounds as my rent and attached a note that I'd like to get into Schafer.
Do you think this could work out?
I don't want to go to Hawkridge :~
Reply 1192
i want to stay at astor college, i put 110 pounds as max i could afford. will they likely to allocate me there? wew.... this accommodation thing is so exciting yet scary...(not in a bad way)
audria
i want to stay at astor college, i put 110 pounds as max i could afford. will they likely to allocate me there? wew.... this accommodation thing is so exciting yet scary...(not in a bad way)

I put astor down too! Mainly because I thought it had a weights gym there, bt alas, it does not! lol But yea, I put something like £120 down, too cheap for catered halls, but enough for all the student houses! (I think) x
Firmed UCL today!
My accomm. form will be sent tomorrow :biggrin:

edit: In the box for previous school/uni, do you put in your sixth form? The box is kinda tiny and my school has a long-ass name :erm:
Hey guys, was wondering would most people on here have sent their accommodation letter off by now or are they like me waiting till the January results roll in so that they can firm UCL first?
ooehsdxb
Hey guys, was wondering would most people on here have sent their accommodation letter off by now or are they like me waiting till the January results roll in so that they can firm UCL first?

Most people who've firmed UCL have sent their forms off already... I don't think that's too many...
argh, it's so infuriating that you can't firm a choice until you have replies from all five places!! i've been waiting so long to firm ucl, i have all 5 replies but one of them has yet to appear on ucas, grr
Meela
I just sent off my accomodation application and put shared flats as my priority.
Besides I put something about 117 pounds as my rent and attached a note that I'd like to get into Schafer.
Do you think this could work out?
I don't want to go to Hawkridge :~

hahahaha, it's full of real Londoners :yep:
Reply 1199
rockrunride
hahahaha, it's full of real Londoners :yep:

And what does that mean?^^

Latest

Trending

Trending