The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Meela
And what does that mean?^^

It was an exaggeration of sorts, because we stick out like a sore thumb in our hood.

I meant that we get the bus into college every day, and live on an area in which locals live, rather than in an area surrounded by commerce and industry. I feel like I know London more than I would if I was at Ramsay or, god forbid, Arthur Tat.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Imogen_Grace
argh, it's so infuriating that you can't firm a choice until you have replies from all five places!! i've been waiting so long to firm ucl, i have all 5 replies but one of them has yet to appear on ucas, grr

I just withdrew my final outstanding application!
Couldn't be bothered to wait.
imomo16
I just withdrew my final outstanding application!
Couldn't be bothered to wait.

I withdrew from two! I was waaaay to eager! Where did you withdraw from (if you don't mind me asking)?...
adilmorrison
I withdrew from two! I was waaaay to eager! Where did you withdraw from (if you don't mind me asking)?...

Edinburgh. How long does it take to give out an offer, people! Gosh.
imomo16

Haha! Their loss lol... !
Reply 1205
Hey everyone :smile:

I'm going to study Information Management for Business at UCL!

I found an awesome Google Map with all of UCL's accommodation: Clicky here. (just thought it might be useful for future reference)

Meanwhile, I'm having trouble deciding on my preferred accommodation. I'm debating first of all whether it's worth going to a hall. I actually like cooking (No I'm not making this up! My friends approve of my food :yep: ) but I'm unsure about how much money I would spend weekly for cooking my own food and whether or not I would save any by having it done for me at a hall.

My priorities are proximity and sociableness. My top choices are Astor College, Connaught Hall and College Hall. What do you think?

Despite the food being offered to me at the UoL Halls, I like the prospect of having people from other unis around me - just for more diversity. However, I'm also slightly worried that this would hinder stronger UCL friendships :P

Any help would be appreciated :smile:
Joaof
Hey everyone :smile:

I'm going to study Information Management for Business at UCL!

I found an awesome Google Map with all of UCL's accommodation: Clicky here. (just thought it might be useful for future reference)

Meanwhile, I'm having trouble deciding on my preferred accommodation. I'm debating first of all whether it's worth going to a hall. I actually like cooking (No I'm not making this up! My friends approve of my food :yep: ) but I'm unsure about how much money I would spend weekly for cooking my own food and whether or not I would save any by having it done for me at a hall.

My priorities are proximity and sociableness. My top choices are Astor College, Connaught Hall and College Hall. What do you think?

Despite the food being offered to me at the UoL Halls, I like the prospect of having people from other unis around me - just for more diversity. However, I'm also slightly worried that this would hinder stronger UCL friendships :P

Any help would be appreciated :smile:

You and everybody else, lol.

And I've found that you save cack loads catering for yourself :biggrin:
Reply 1207
ooehsdxb
Hey guys, was wondering would most people on here have sent their accommodation letter off by now or are they like me waiting till the January results roll in so that they can firm UCL first?

im waiting till the 12th i just want 2 make absolutely sure i can get 3 A's :cool:
Has anybody else put a note on their forming saying Schafer or Astor? I liked the sound of them, but am slightly worried everyone else would put the same, in which case it's likely not everyone will get that, if they do pay any attention to it anyway. Ha.
Also, if you got a reply to say they received your form, what date does it say you'll hear by?
Reply 1209
rockrunride
You and everybody else, lol.

And I've found that you save cack loads catering for yourself :biggrin:

Yeah I guess - you're just bitter since you were allocated so far, eh? :wink: Nothing beats rolling out of your bed into a 9am lecture :biggrin:

It's too bad there are no self-catered international halls... (or are there?)
Joaof
Yeah I guess - you're just bitter since you were allocated so far, eh? :wink: Nothing beats rolling out of your bed into a 9am lecture :biggrin:

It's too bad there are no self-catered international halls... (or are there?)

Slightly, but I'll have the upper hand next year, because I know where everything is out here.

I feel like I've integrated back into London society far more than I would have done at Schafer or Astor.

NORF WEEEEEEEEEEEEEZY!
Reply 1211
rockrunride
NORF WEEEEEEEEEEEEEZY!

Represent :cool:
Hey guys this might be a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway,
I got an offer from UCL and they sent me the accommodation stuff for me to fill in, however I am still waiting for other unis to reply (despite having sent my UCAS in October) so I can't firm anything yet. I am guessing that I shouldn't send my form until I make UCL my firm or insurance? Or can I send it in now without that decision? :confused:

Thanks.
Reply 1213
Joy Division
Hey guys this might be a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway,
I got an offer from UCL and they sent me the accommodation stuff for me to fill in, however I am still waiting for other unis to reply (despite having sent my UCAS in October) so I can't firm anything yet. I am guessing that I shouldn't send my form until I make UCL my firm or insurance? Or can I send it in now without that decision? :confused:

Thanks.

you can only submit your accommodation form to UCL once you have submitted UCL as your Firm ON UCAS.
imomo16

That's what I might do... but I'm undecided whether to have Queen Mary of Edinburgh as my insurance offer. I hate decisions!
Shiva17
you can only submit your accommodation form to UCL once you have submitted UCL as your Firm ON UCAS.

Dammit...I thought so, I guess I will just carry on waiting whilst all the nice rooms are being taken up........:bawling::bawling:
Joy Division
Dammit...I thought so, I guess I will just carry on waiting whilst all the nice rooms are being taken up........:bawling::bawling:

They don't start allocating places until after result's day...
adilmorrison
They don't start allocating places until after result's day...

ok, but UCL surely gives priority to those who firmed them straight after being given an offer and to those who sent their accommodation forms in first.
Joy Division
ok, but UCL surely gives priority to those who firmed them straight after being given an offer and to those who sent their accommodation forms in first.

So long as you apply by the deadline (May, I think) and accept UCL's offer as your firm, you'll be fine...
Reply 1219
do people with unconditional offer will get allocated before result's day?

Latest

Trending

Trending