The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
For someone drunk and with a cut finger. Not bad. Haha.

Oh that's pretty cool. I'll probably take Greek and either Modern or Mediaeval History along with Literature I guess.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Alexandra1234567
:frown:

Any other offers?

got 4 other offers - if i don't get st Andrews it will be Edinburgh firm (BBB) and Aberdeen insurance (CCC)
Reply 62
Still havent heard a thing. Getting pretty fed up now...
fearoftofu
For someone drunk and with a cut finger. Not bad. Haha.

Oh that's pretty cool. I'll probably take Greek and either Modern or Mediaeval History along with Literature I guess.

Oh god, I'd forgotten that I had posted on here :frown:

Sounds good :smile:
Reply 64
hay debrajane-
just so you know ! i still haven't heard either ... i keep getting told no news is good news but i just want to hear so i can sort out my other places if it's a rejection. getting really fedup. It does take the piss somewhat.

I also want to get on and plan my nodules ! Did i see someone was doing greek here? I was thinking of doing greek or latin or classics (not sure if you can do that without A levels in class. language.?)

quite wanted to do french but didn't do it as an A level as it's one of those dodgy high risk subjects (or at least it is at my college) and they don't do it "from scratch" even though i did well at GCSE and have good conversational. BOO.

x
connor29
hay debrajane-
just so you know ! i still haven't heard either ... i keep getting told no news is good news but i just want to hear so i can sort out my other places if it's a rejection. getting really fedup. It does take the piss somewhat.

I also want to get on and plan my nodules ! Did i see someone was doing greek here? I was thinking of doing greek or latin or classics (not sure if you can do that without A levels in class. language.?)

quite wanted to do french but didn't do it as an A level as it's one of those dodgy high risk subjects (or at least it is at my college) and they don't do it "from scratch" even though i did well at GCSE and have good conversational. BOO.

x

I don't think any of those have A-Level prerequisites, but don't just take my word for it. All of this kind of info is in the prospectus!
There are two kinds of Greek available, and I think modern Greek has prerequisites but Old doesn't possibly?
Anyone else considering philosophy?
connor29
hay debrajane-

x

I'm getting realllllly frustrated about it too. If I do get rejected i'm going to see if I can get anywhere alrightish on extra, as a back up, but most probably will reapply.

Just got to sit it out :frown:
Reply 68
connor29

x

Yea. I was thinking of Greek because it seemed like a slightly easier course than the modern languages and I've never done it before. Though I don't know, maybe I'll take Spanish. I did it for my IGCSE so it might be okay..
Reply 69
Hi all, just thought i'd offer a word of encouragement to all still waiting! I am now in first year at St As studying eng lit and know exactly how you feel. Last year i didn't receive my offer until march 28th! So no news is not a bad sign! Who knows what crazy method they use to dole out offers lol but hang in there! Good luck to all waiting, St As is great! Any questions about literature here i'd be happy to answer also xx
Reply 70
chicanery
Hi all, just thought i'd offer a word of encouragement to all still waiting! I am now in first year at St As studying eng lit and know exactly how you feel. Last year i didn't receive my offer until march 28th! So no news is not a bad sign! Who knows what crazy method they use to dole out offers lol but hang in there! Good luck to all waiting, St As is great! Any questions about literature here i'd be happy to answer also xx

thank you for that little glimmer of hope ! :smile:
i really love st a's. went up during term time to stay with a freind and had so much fun.
x
connor29
thank you for that little glimmer of hope ! :smile:
i really love st a's. went up during term time to stay with a freind and had so much fun.
x

Ditto to that, thankyou :smile:
They don't want me :frown:

i emailed to ask why and they sent back saying that i was good enough and had nothing wrong with my application, but restricted places meant that they couldn't offer places to many applicants who were worthy of them.... ah well... Edinburgh it is then. bit of a relief really, as BBB is slightly less daunting a target than AAB :smile:
john-milton

i emailed to ask why and they sent back saying that i was good enough and had nothing wrong with my application, but restricted places meant that they couldn't offer places to many applicants who were worthy of them.... ah well... Edinburgh it is then. bit of a relief really, as BBB is slightly less daunting a target than AAB :smile:

Ohh, I am really sorry! But Edinburgh is an awesome uni (even if I am slightly bitter at them)
john-milton

Ohh. I can understand the feeling moreso now...
I just got the chop too
Reply 75
debrajane
I just got the chop too

moi aussi, :smile:
x
Is that two english rejections :frown: ?
THREE, hopeneverfades is out as well...
Reply 78
Unconditional!!! Woop Woop xD
Beanybob
Unconditional!!! Woop Woop xD

Ahh well done :biggrin:
Mooore eeengliiiish

Latest

Trending

Trending