The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

My god, 60 - 14! Harlequins go to first place in the GP.
lnjames
My god, 60 - 14! Harlequins go to first place in the GP.

I thought that was a late April Fools'! Maybe I should have been listening to them rather than Bath..
Come on people it was a Worcester second team :cry:

We had no chance to be honest. I'm actually quite proud that we stayed pretty close for around a half and that we scored 2 tries...
pinkpenguin
Come on people it was a Worcester second team :cry:

We had no chance to be honest. I'm actually quite proud that we stayed pretty close for around a half and that we scored 2 tries...

And that you let Nick Easter score a hat-trick? :laugh:
Nick Easter? Hat-trick? I'll bet that was a sight to behold!

There was serious one way traffic at some point in that match!
The Referee
Nick Easter? Hat-trick? I'll bet that was a sight to behold!

Yes, there were so many crash balls that if the same defender had taken the impact each time he would have been dead! Luckily for Easter nobody has pressed charges yet...
lnjames
Yes, there were so many crash balls that if the same defender had taken the impact each time he would have been dead! Luckily for Easter nobody has pressed charges yet...

Ouch! Easter is a strong ball carrier though...once ge gets moving!
It's a shame he has the acceleration of a Punto then!
lnjames
It's a shame he has the acceleration of a Punto then!

agreed
:sad:

Clearly we are going to destroy Saracens on saturday though :borat:

I'm getting excited about the Heineken! Munster shirt springs out again, I feel!

Loads of teams have a good shot too, gonna be quite interesting.
Frank Hadden Resigns!!!!

F**king Get In!!!!

About Bloody Time.
QwentyJ
Frank Hadden Resigns!!!!

F**king Get In!!!!

About Bloody Time.

I feel quite sorry for him actually. Apart from not picking either Evans for the Wales game, I thought he did a good enough job.

Scotland didn't seem that far away a couple of times. They have really moved forwards.

Still, I guess he wasn't getting the results...

Any guesses for his replacement?

Mike Ruddock?? :awesome:
pinkpenguin
I feel quite sorry for him actually. Apart from not picking either Evans for the Wales game, I thought he did a good enough job.

Scotland didn't seem that far away a couple of times. They have really moved forwards.

Still, I guess he wasn't getting the results...

Any guesses for his replacement?

Mike Ruddock?? :awesome:

He did a good joob in 2005 and that was it. I've not much time for a coach who a) blames losses on anything other than the team and b) is/was clearly out of his depth. He's also been saying that we've been progressing for the past 3 years now. I'm not happy with 'progress', i.e. 1 win each in 3 6 nations tournaments!!!!

Guesses? Well I hope it's not Andy Robinson. Rod MacQueen, any S14 coach, Bryan Redpath....anyone who has sufficient knowledge of professional coaching, which Frank Hadden didn't have.
There's been talk about Andy Robinson potentially taking over...he's done a reasonably good job with Edinburgh but I'd feel sorry for hte national team if he took over.
Can anybody out there reassure me that Ulster aren't going to embarrass themselves against the Hairsprays tonight? It's been so long since Ulster have won a match that I've been at, and I really want to see them win!

I feel quite sorry for Frank Hadden - Scotland just have too many holes in their team with no talent to fill them. I always thought he did a fairly good job given his mediocre squad.
The Referee
There's been talk about Andy Robinson potentially taking over...he's done a reasonably good job with Edinburgh but I'd feel sorry for hte national team if he took over.

Despite what Austin Healey says, Andy Robinson is a very good coach, which was shown with Bath and as Woodward's deputy. He was with England at a problematic time for the overall structure (specifically, Rob Andrew screwing everything up, which he has done consistently since) hence his performances weren't as poor as you'd expect.
bikerx23
Despite what Austin Healey says, Andy Robinson is a very good coach, which was shown with Bath and as Woodward's deputy. He was with England at a problematic time for the overall structure (specifically, Rob Andrew screwing everything up, which he has done consistently since) hence his performances weren't as poor as you'd expect.

We're going to have to agree to disagree with respect to his coaching of England. Yes, he too the job at a very difficult time - half the senior team had retired - but he was a disaster. Morale was rock bottom and he fostered an atmosphere where there were 15 players on the pitch instead of a team. He persisted with selecting Martin Corry at lock even when performances proved that he was pretty lousy there...not too smart imo!
shunter7634
Can anybody out there reassure me that Ulster aren't going to embarrass themselves against the Hairsprays tonight? It's been so long since Ulster have won a match that I've been at, and I really want to see them win!

I feel quite sorry for Frank Hadden - Scotland just have too many holes in their team with no talent to fill them. I always thought he did a fairly good job given his mediocre squad.

Sorry, no re-assurance to offer - they embarrassed themselves against Leinster and dispite the hairprays being weakened, I can't see Ulster winning.
Robinson was so unbelievably fake too. Hopelessly rugged in the sense that he still claimed England were good enough to beat pretty much everyone. In fact, there is something quite Gordon Brown about him...

He overused all the stupid jargon that comes with overcoaching - words such as 'huge' and 'benchmark/platform' etc were thrown around. They dont mean anything, Andy!
pinkpenguin
Robinson was so unbelievably fake too. Hopelessly rugged in the sense that he still claimed England were good enough to beat pretty much everyone. In fact, there is something quite Gordon Brown about him...

He overused all the stupid jargon that comes with overcoaching - words such as 'huge' and 'benchmark/platform' etc were thrown around. They dont mean anything, Andy!

Amen!

Quick Reply

Latest