The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

Google it
Theres loads
Reply 21
Know whatcha mean. I'm a 28 back myself, but 32 still fits fine. It'd be nice to have some that'd fit really well.

I will not shop in the "Little Miss" department! :haughty:
Check out the thread title copier! =P
damn has it been copied?? I'll change it if it has..

ugh i'm so exhausted..this took me 2 hours to re-write! lol
it's useful though.
raspberryice
it's useful though.

Thankyous!!!

Again if anyone wants to do a bra fitting review; PLEEASSEE PM me one!
Lol! No...I just started an 'Ultimate Shoe Thread' :p:

I prefer this title though :smile:
Reply 27
You should add tips on taking them off, without causing an awkward moment, too :wink:
4x4
You should add tips on taking them off, without causing an awkward moment, too :wink:

let the girl do it...
Reply 29
4x4

yeah! GUYS: How to take bras off
Reply 30
Tut.exe
yeah! GUYS: How to take bras off

haha loving the bottom of your profile about countries!!
Reply 31
anna_spanner89
I've redone this thread from (lingerie and bra questions) simply to update issues aswell!

About Me

Ok, I’m simply a girl your age, my first job was working at M&S lingerie department in 2005. I then worked my way up into a bra fitter, whilst working as a bra fitter at M&S during 2005-2007, i also worked a few extra shifts at La senza also as a bra fitter. Finally, September 2007 i took the great unknown leap and moved up in the world into John lewis. Here I enhanced my skills greatly, went on numerous training conferences, product knowledge sessions and was a lingerie advisor there for a year. I'm now a student nurse and although i'm not working as an advisor now my knowledge still has stuck with me!

The Breast

To know why we need or wear a bra, it’s important to understand the breasts anatomical structure.
Pectoralis Muscles: These are simply the 'pecs' and runs acorss the chest like a fan. The function of it is to bring the humerus (the bone which runs from the shoulder to the elbow) to the chest
Lobules: Each breast is composed of up to 20 sections called "lobes." Each lobe is made up of many smaller "lobules," where milk is made. Lobes and lobules are connected by small tubes called "ducts" that can carry milk to the nipple.
Nipple: The main function of this is where fluid comes out of, to aid breast milk to be delivered. The average projection of a Nipple when cold, sexually aroused or during breast feeding is around 10mm. The erection of the nipple is partially due to the cylindrically arranged muscle cells found within it. In many women, there are small bulges on the areola, which are called 'Montgomery bodies' which is why sometimes your nipple area may seem 'bumpy'.
Areola: Careful inspection of a mature human female nipple will reveal several small openings arranged radially around the tip of the nipple (lactiferous ducts) from where milk is released during lactation. The size and shape of areolae is also highly variable, with those of sexually mature women usually being larger than those of men and prepubescent girls.
Duct: They are structures which carry milk toward the nipple in a lactating female.
Fatty Tissue: There are two types of breast tissue; Dense and fatty tissue. All women have areas of dense breast tissue. Young women have mostly dense tissue. This is when our breasts feel firm (and many times, lumpy) and look "perky"! As we age, that dense tissue is replaced by fatty tissue....this is when we sag more.

It’s very important to look after the mammary glands and ducts, these are active during pregnancy and nursing any damage to them before or during pregnancy can cause infections, swellings and problems breast feeding.

I’m sure you’ve found when you move around daily whether it’s jogging or walking you’d find your breasts move. The primary supporting structures in the breasts are the Cooper’s ligaments. With secondary support only from the skin, these can easily be stretched if repeatedly loaded, as occurs during activity. This can also cause the breast to sag.

Women wear bras for different reasons, because they want to prevent sagging, they feel they need support, they feel immoral going without, they can get discomfort from sweat and also to stop them moving around when being active.

Not everyone feels the need to wear a bra however, whatever your reason if you’re go..........

*** I've added furthur guides to the bottom of this thread attached. These are breast health and shapewear***

Ah! I didn't want to know that much about the breast :p:
Reply 32
So recently i went and actually bought a bra that is my size i think.. 32B
Anyways... after wearing it for a few days i noticed my boobs seemed more perkier and better shaped.. Is that normal? That when you start wear the right bra your boobs come out more and stuff? if that makes any sense :s-smilie:
Cheeko
So recently i went and actually bought a bra that is my size i think.. 32B
Anyways... after wearing it for a few days i noticed my boobs seemed more perkier and better shaped.. Is that normal? That when you start wear the right bra your boobs come out more and stuff? if that makes any sense :s-smilie:

yup, plus your cycle can change your breasts too
Reply 34
anna_spanner89
let the girl do it...

If it's one of the first times, they seem to prefer the guy taking the lead (from my experience). :smile:
Cheers for this Anna

*subscribes*
I have a question. Can your boobs shrink when you gain weight? I've put on some weight recently, and when I went to buy a new bra I had to get the next back size up (which I was expecting) - but I had to go down a cup size. Why would that have been? I'm pretty sure I was wearing the right sized cup before, and I definitely did need to go down a size. Why have they shrunk?!
Not Invented Yet
I have a question. Can your boobs shrink when you gain weight? I've put on some weight recently, and when I went to buy a new bra I had to get the next back size up (which I was expecting) - but I had to go down a cup size. Why would that have been? I'm pretty sure I was wearing the right sized cup before, and I definitely did need to go down a size. Why have they shrunk?!

yes they can
Not Invented Yet

If your back size has gone up, your boobs propabaly haven't shrunk. It's just that the difference between your back size and boobs is smaller, if you see what I mean.
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv]']If your back size has gone up, your boobs propabaly haven't shrunk. It's just that the difference between your back size and boobs is smaller, if you see what I mean.

or just in the wrong size bra, and she has changed her shape and maybe needs a fitting

Quick Reply

Latest