The Student Room Group

Sociology AS Education + research methods! June exam

Outline some of the policies introduced by governments to create an education market in the United Kingdom. (12 marks)

i have no idea how to structure this answer ..help
lilpg
Outline some of the policies introduced by governments to create an education market in the United Kingdom. (12 marks)

i have no idea how to structure this answer ..help

Don't know if this is too late but (I'm presuming you actually know some of the policies?) the question is asking you to outline them, so just do that. For 12 marks you could do with at least 4-5 ways. You don't need to go into too much detail, just enough to explain briefly e.g. you could write about how the introduction of league tables brought about competition between schools to be the best and attracted the students with the most potential, which would usually be from middle class families, people who's parents bothered to check out these things etc etc.

If you're really really stuck, PM me and I can dig out my old books for you and give you some pointers. I took that exam in January and got 110 out of 120 marks, so yeah... :smile:
Reply 2
Really confused as to how many sociological methods there are and how many different categories they come under!?!?

Are there only two categories: Primary and Secondary?

Quick Reply

Latest