The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

dinkymints
Well if it was on Thursday that was the dress code for their May Day "ball"... I am more shocked that he went to The Bridge at all!

Ah, fair enough then!

I was quite surprised to hear he'd gone to The Bridge as well :yep:
Reply 1021
I've seen lots of people clubbing in black tie. Is it that unusual here? I'd never do it and think it looks retarded, but lots of Oxford people appear to disagree.
Reply 1022
The_Lonely_Goatherd
A JYA at my college.

Apparently, rumour has it that he went to The Bridge in black tie :eek:

I'm sure he was at Teddy Hall Ball in black tie plus top hat, cane and a sort of cloak-like overcoat of which I do not know the name. I think there were white gloves and white silk scarf, too.
Teebs
I've seen lots of people clubbing in black tie. Is it that unusual here? I'd never do it and think it looks retarded, but lots of Oxford people appear to disagree.

I know Hertford Choir go clubbing in their gowns :yep:
MSB
I'm sure he was at Teddy Hall Ball in black tie plus top hat, cane and a sort of cloak-like overcoat of which I do not know the name. I think there were white gloves and white silk scarf, too.

That definitely sounds like him. If he was short, looked Central/South American and said the phrases "Oh I see..." and started questions with "Is it that...?", that was him :yep:
Teebs

Not at all if it's after a ball / subject dinner. I mean it'd be a bit weird on your own, but it seems perfectly normal to me - who wants to change after a dinner to go clubbing?!

MSB

Well the dress code, officially, was white tie.... :rolleyes:
Bekaboo

Well the dress code, officially, was white tie.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, this guy has little concept of the difference :p:
Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I feel like that guy in the film 'Titanic':

"Is anyone alive out there? Can anyone hear me?"

:ninja:
Reply 1028
*echoes*

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I feel like that guy in the film 'Titanic':

"Is anyone alive out there? Can anyone hear me?"

:ninja:
I was in a [kayak] boat today. And I sunk it 4 times. I feel very fitting. :biggrin:
:rofl:

So if that was an echo, does that mean that you're not here? That you're a figment of my imagination? :ninja:
ixivxivi
I was in a [kayak] boat today. And I sunk it 4 times. I feel very fitting. :biggrin:

:eek:

I'm psychic! :p:

Eeek bout all the sinking. Sounds very wet :s-smilie:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
:eek:

I'm psychic! :p:

Eeek bout all the sinking. Sounds very wet :s-smilie:

It was really fun though - we played kayak polo and kayak stuck-in-the-mud tag and kayak bristish bulldog. . My shoes absolutely stunk of rivermud though. I've tried showering them, I've tried shampoo-ing them but they're still smelly, though now a little bubbly.
ixivxivi
It was really fun though - we played kayak polo and kayak stuck-in-the-mud tag and kayak bristish bulldog. . My shoes absolutely stunk of rivermud though. I've tried showering them, I've tried shampoo-ing them but they're still smelly, though now a little bubbly.

Kayak stuck-in-the-mud? :lolwut:

Sounds like a lot of fun :yep:

Having smelly shoes is a very good reason to go shoe shopping... :ninja:

I'm trying to convince my orchestra that they want to dress up as Disney characters in our concert. Doesn't seem to be working so far :no:
Kayak stuck-in-the-mud is great fun! Never played kayak polo though - only the usual, horseback kind. :p:

Revision has got boring. Very boring. So boring that tonight, I am giving up at 10 to TIDY MY ROOM. Ugh.
Reply 1035
ixivxivi

Why are you having so much fun when I'm having to revise for finals?
Feefifofum
Kayak stuck-in-the-mud is great fun! Never played kayak polo though - only the usual, horseback kind. :p:

Revision has got boring. Very boring. So boring that tonight, I am giving up at 10 to TIDY MY ROOM. Ugh.

Tidying one's room can be therapeutic sometimes :yep: I'm considering tidying my room up. It's mostly OK but my Spice Girls pictures are on the floor, rather than on my cupboards :sadnod:
Teebs
Why are you having so much fun when I'm having to revise for finals?

:console:
Reply 1038
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Tidying one's room can be therapeutic sometimes :yep: I'm considering tidying my room up. It's mostly OK but my Spice Girls pictures are on the floor, rather than on my cupboards :sadnod:

I have revision notes to plaster my walls with...
cpchem
I have revision notes to plaster my walls with...

Admittedly, my Spice Girl pics may have to give way to revision notes next year. My tute partner and I are talking about making a gigantic timeline and splitting it across both my rooms :s-smilie:

:cry:

Latest

Trending

Trending