The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

**PRINCESS**90
Hey, Im going to UEA in September but really cant decide which accomodation to choose..all the people already at UEA say the en suites are nicer but norfolk.suffolk terrace have more parties and they'r cheaper,
does anyone know which accomodation they're going to choose?
if u do, just reply on ere pleasee :smile:

thankss and cu all in september :biggrin:

alwightt, i did my application yday, put down:

campus en-suite as my 1st choice
norfolk/suffolk standard room as my 2nd
and village en-suite as my 3rd

I thought I might aswell put down en-suite as my first choice cause it would be alot easier with my own bathroom even if it is a bit more expensive. but if i don't get it i'd rather save the money and go norfolk/suffolk than pay more for a village room and not even be on campus.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 61
bkishan2
alwightt, i did my application yday, put down:

campus en-suite as my 1st choice
norfolk/suffolk standard room as my 2nd
and village en-suite as my 3rd

I thought I might aswell put down en-suite as my first choice cause it would be alot easier with my own bathroom even if it is a bit more expensive. but if i don't get it i'd rather save the money and go norfolk/suffolk than pay more for a village room and not even be on campus.

You've done your application? Did you get an email saying you could or was it just available online? I haven't heard anything :eek:

I'm going to go for campus en-suite and then village, I think, I thought Norfolk and Suffolk looked cool on the outside but really didn't fancy living there. But one of my friends is also going to UEA and she loved them, so I guess it's a matter of personal taste!

EDIT: Just logged in now.. I thought we'd get an email to tell us when we could apply. I'm glad I saw this thread!
Solecism
You've done your application? Did you get an email saying you could or was it just available online? I haven't heard anything :eek:

I'm going to go for campus en-suite and then village, I think, I thought Norfolk and Suffolk looked cool on the outside but really didn't fancy living there. But one of my friends is also going to UEA and she loved them, so I guess it's a matter of personal taste!

EDIT: Just logged in now.. I thought we'd get an email to tell us when we could apply. I'm glad I saw this thread!

Nah i didnt get an e-mail or anything, I just thought I'd try register on the website but it let me finish the whole application. It still says on the accommodation page that you can't apply til may 5th so maybe they're not gna start lookin at them til then. I was gna put down the village as my 2nd choice but I remember my tour guide on the open day sayin the village is really popular with international students. Nothin against em or anything lol but i'd like to live with ppl i got more in common with n it could be a bit harder with international students. and i reli dnt fancy the walk from the village in the mornings afta a night out
Reply 63
woah!!! we can apply for accomodation now???
Reply 64
Just completed my application form. Norfolk/Suffolk first then campus en-suite.
Reply 65
I've put

1. Campus En suite
2. Village
3. Norfolk/Suffolk
My top 3 are:

1. Campus En suite
2. Norfolf/Suffolk (as I want to be on campus)
3. Village

I assume though as the campus is 2/3 en suite I will probably get en suite
Reply 67
In the vast majority of cases you get your first choice :yep:
Reply 68
There are a lot of choices on the form I didn't know existed. Does anyone have any information about the accommodation that isn't campus en-suite, village or Norfolk/Suffolk?
Reply 69
what choices is it giving you?

there's accommodation in the city centre which is not shared bathroom that I know of and some family accommodation but I can't think of anything else
Hello! Anyone have any experience of Nelson Court/Constable terrace? Am looking at the 2 person studio flat (where kitchen and bathroom is shared)

Thanks!
Reply 71
lilangel890
Hello! Anyone have any experience of Nelson Court/Constable terrace? Am looking at the 2 person studio flat (where kitchen and bathroom is shared)

Thanks!

I live in Nelson Court at the moment and it is far and away the best (in my opinion) because it has the biggest bedrooms of all the ensuite accommodation. But hte @ person studio flats - I guess by this you mean the paired units - are as far as I am aware reserved for postgraduates. So I don't think you would have much luck there unless you are a postgraduate, but your grade suggest that you are just going into undergraduate unless they have been there a while.
Reply 72
En-suite campus
Village En-suite
Suffolk/Norfolk

Wouldnt mind any of these tbh :biggrin:
Lawkt
I live in Nelson Court at the moment and it is far and away the best (in my opinion) because it has the biggest bedrooms of all the ensuite accommodation. But hte @ person studio flats - I guess by this you mean the paired units - are as far as I am aware reserved for postgraduates. So I don't think you would have much luck there unless you are a postgraduate, but your grade suggest that you are just going into undergraduate unless they have been there a while.

How comes you hate the person studio flats?

Oh right I see. Is it quite quiet there though?

Reply 74
I put down the studio flats THEN got the information thing that said they were for postgraduates, so that was annoying. Why are they even an option on the undergraduate form?
Solecism
I put down the studio flats THEN got the information thing that said they were for postgraduates, so that was annoying. Why are they even an option on the undergraduate form?

Oh right. I put them as my third choice, though was obviously hoping not to be assigned my third preference anyway...

Still, why are they on the undergradutate form? Someone should sort that out.
Reply 76
SpecialKate
Oh right. I put them as my third choice, though was obviously hoping not to be assigned my third preference anyway...

Still, why are they on the undergradutate form? Someone should sort that out.

I was going to put the campus ensuite down as my first choice but I hadn't noticed the studio flats. When they came up on the form I looked at them on the website (it doesn't say anything there about them being for postgrads) and thought they sounded like a good compromise between en-suite and standard so I changed my mind last minute. I'm actually quite annoyed now, though. If they don't exist as a choice they shouldn't be on the form!
Reply 77
Do I have to apply for accomodation now even UEA is my insurance?

If so, I've applied PPE. Any recommanded accomodation (prob en-suite) which fit my course? Details are welcomed!
s2000_147
Do I have to apply for accomodation now even UEA is my insurance?

If so, I've applied PPE. Any recommanded accomodation (prob en-suite) which fit my course? Details are welcomed!

From the UEA's website:

4. UEA is only my insurance choice University: should I still apply?

If UEA is your insurance choice, you should still apply for accommodation. We only allocate rooms to confirmed students, so if you subsequently accept an Unconditional offer from another University, you should notify the Accommodation Office that you no longer require your accommodation.

So, yes :smile: UEA is my insurance too. I'm still deciding what accommodation I want though. Haven't really looked into it much considering its my insurance!
Reply 79
rosieee91
From the UEA's website:

4. UEA is only my insurance choice University: should I still apply?

If UEA is your insurance choice, you should still apply for accommodation. We only allocate rooms to confirmed students, so if you subsequently accept an Unconditional offer from another University, you should notify the Accommodation Office that you no longer require your accommodation.

So, yes :smile: UEA is my insurance too. I'm still deciding what accommodation I want though. Haven't really looked into it much considering its my insurance!

Right thanks,

I haven't looked at their accomodation yet, can't really decide where I want to apply to. Prob. hv to think about whether the accomodation suit your course as well. Plenty to consider, lol.

Is there a deadline for the application? What I think is, if we apply it earlier, it prob. make sure u get what u wanted, is this the right thinking? lol

Latest

Trending

Trending