The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It usually takes a few weeks when I get backdated ones, that's quite a while though so it may be longer.
Reply 2
I didn't even know they backdated that far...
ISTR - although it's a while ago for me now - that they backdated it to when you first applied, if there was some hold-up. For me it came on the next payment date, though it may be different now.
Reply 4
I got the money in today. They did it in 6 days, I'm very impressed!!!
Reply 5
sandettielightvessel
ISTR - although it's a while ago for me now - that they backdated it to when you first applied, if there was some hold-up. For me it came on the next payment date, though it may be different now.

When you say, 'first applied'... does it count from when you first sent in your application, or when it has properly been processed.

I initially sent mine off in August but they sent it back saying there something missing. It took us a while to get that document (moving house etc) but managed to send it back in February. Money has only been backdated til February, should it not be for September?

It know it's a bit of a long shot, but hopeful you can help! :o:
Reply 6
kizzz!
When you say, 'first applied'... does it count from when you first sent in your application, or when it has properly been processed.

I initially sent mine off in August but they sent it back saying there something missing. It took us a while to get that document (moving house etc) but managed to send it back in February. Money has only been backdated til February, should it not be for September?

I only posted my application form off in February but have got it backdated till January.

Talk to you're EMA/Finance person in school, as long as you have proof of attendance, they should backdate it within a week.

Hope that helps :biggrin:

xxx
Reply 7
LaRgEgIrL
I only posted my application form off in February but have got it backdated till January.

Talk to you're EMA/Finance person in school, as long as you have proof of attendance, they should backdate it within a week.

Hope that helps :biggrin:

xxx

Yeh, i've got to see the EMA people at college and they were like, well it must be a mistake and they said they would email them, but havent yet got back to me.

I've also rang them up several times, so has me mum but haven't really got anywhere with it!

It seems stupid get worked up about it but it's still money i could have had! :rolleyes:

Thank you anyway!
kizzz!

I couldn't tell you; as other posters said, the best person to speak to is whoever deals with EMA at your school.

Latest

Trending

Trending