The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It's an example paper, basically. You can treat it basically the same as a past paper, with the only difference being that it's never actually been used for an exam.
Reply 2
ohh thank you and does it just show how the questions are worded etc? :smile:
Reply 3
Yup, pretty much. I think they do a mark scheme to go with it too. So it's just like a past paper that says "Specimen Paper" on the front instead :p:
Basically, a specimen paper is usually a paper that contains all the questions usually not considered good enough for the real exams, but if it's a new course, it'll just be some sample questions to give people who are going to sit the exam an idea of what the real paper will be like.
Bobo1234
Basically, a specimen paper is usually a paper that contains all the questions usually not considered good enough for the real exams, but if it's a new course, it'll just be some sample questions to give people who are going to sit the exam an idea of what the real paper will be like.

We were told by our teachers that it's a paper designed to be harder than the real exam so we can practice answering it but it's hard
Reply 6
WOW! Hopefully that is the case..

I might be okay in my German exam on friday then :P
EasyTiger
WOW! Hopefully that is the case..

I might be okay in my German exam on friday then :P

Are you doing AQA? I have mine on Friday too and having sat both the specimen paper and the January exam paper as mocks, I have to say the specimen was harder, although I got a higher mark in it :s-smilie:
its the same as a past paper
Reply 9
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCSE2010/Maths_Spec_A_web.pdf

specification for edexcel maths gcse has not changed since 2011
but isn't is will be perfect to use past papers instead of spacemen? past papers full of the questions which appeared at the exam, most probably question on the upcoming exam will like them

Latest