The Student Room Group
Would someone be kind enough to give me and explain the linear interpolation formula used for s1 edexcel board?

use linear interpolation for group frequency table to find quartiles ( Q1 , Q2 , Q3 )

DO u have any examples ? u can bring to here and we can solve it together ===> that'll be more understanding about it :biggrin:
Reply 2
milan5baros
Would someone be kind enough to give me and explain the linear interpolation formula used for s1 edexcel board?

Hey im doing S1 Edexcel(im a2 retake). (IF youve got the S1 Heniemann modular book check page 34) Ive used the formula as below:
SOmeting/something x Class Width + Lowest COmmon Boundary, its in that book mentioned, im just gonna go and check it.
Reply 3
prettyboy_bn
use linear interpolation for group frequency table to find quartiles ( Q1 , Q2 , Q3 )

DO u have any examples ? u can bring to here and we can solve it together ===> that'll be more understanding about it :biggrin:

I havent really got any examples with me at the minute, could you quote the formula?

:smile:
Alright , below are some pages all about quartiles , i think its be Ok for u :wink:
the new s1 book has a different method without using the formula, 3 dots on a line, fairly easier to learn.

Latest