The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
If it's not about boys, your friends and family probably hate you because of your crap personality
If it is, don't worry there's always some chubby chasers.
Reply 61
SunIllusions
I never ******* loose weight. I'm so tempted to just not eat anything but I know that if I do that I'll still be flabby for ages and no tone - yuck. But when I try and do it the healthy way, eat low fat, unrefined grains, high intentisty interval training, general exercise etc. that doesn't work either!!!

I've had a BMI of about 25 for my entire teen life. I feel so disgusting. I feel my half-sister's brother and his cousin (he's a model by the way) look at me like **** because I'm not thin and beautiful like them, I feel utterly inferior to my sister who is a model and a dancer, my mother tells me to change all the time (she doesn't even like me) and I feel like people at school don't want to know me either because to them I'm fat and rank.

It doesn't help I used to have severe acne either as I still have a few marks and scars from that.

I'm a size 12 but I'm disgusting, flabby flabby, and it seems that no matter how hard I try I'm always going to be FAT and therefore feel ugly. I'm just so pissed off.

:woo: Hey!!! Calm down!!! Ouch, ok? Give yourself a little dignity and respect, don't go too far, you're so negative sister... :stomp: The world isn't made for sexy people only, it has something to do with you too... It's just self-motivation.... you need to think you are sexy even though you know you're not... There's no problem with your body okay? It's your mind... :rolleyes: I'm fat too and do have a kid, but when people look at me, they won't believe me when i tell 'em that i'm a mother already, because i don't feel old, odd and negative about myself... you're mom doesn't hate you... She just wants the best for you, so you see, you hate being seen by that look, so get-up just be yourself, don't act like one if you can't, but don't belittle yourself...
Reply 62
SunIllusions
I never ******* loose weight. I'm so tempted to just not eat anything but I know that if I do that I'll still be flabby for ages and no tone - yuck. But when I try and do it the healthy way, eat low fat, unrefined grains, high intentisty interval training, general exercise etc. that doesn't work either!!!

I've had a BMI of about 25 for my entire teen life. I feel so disgusting. I feel my half-sister's brother and his cousin (he's a model by the way) look at me like **** because I'm not thin and beautiful like them, I feel utterly inferior to my sister who is a model and a dancer, my mother tells me to change all the time (she doesn't even like me) and I feel like people at school don't want to know me either because to them I'm fat and rank.

It doesn't help I used to have severe acne either as I still have a few marks and scars from that.

I'm a size 12 but I'm disgusting, flabby flabby, and it seems that no matter how hard I try I'm always going to be FAT and therefore feel ugly. I'm just so pissed off.

Well this is just silly. Size 12? Grow up little girl, you're completely fine.
Reply 63
SunIllusions
Ah well I already knew that, hence why I made this thread because it doesn't bloody work for me. I have created both a caloric deficit and I'm exercising hard. I figured that if I do both I'll loose body fat % quicker and more effectively. Is my reasoning wrong or something?

I've done that before but I stick to what men's diets on fitness forums suggest but decrease it by a few hundred as I'm female. More than anything I focus more on what I eat and keeping the total calories consumed between 1300-1500 perhaps and stick with that.

Wow that really helped MY confidence.

well she had a pic so i know what she lookedd like.

i'll just guess how you look then with a load of numbers..
Reply 64
I think what you need to teach yourself to do is to stop comparing yourself to your sister. We all have possitive attributes and interests of our own. You, your sister and your cousin are all different people so you have to learn to stop seeing yourself as inferior to them, because you-are-not. Now with regards your weight I'm in exactly the same boat. I'm a size 12 and my BMI is just below 25. I'm on a diet myself aiming to shed 15 pounds and I'm finding it difficult too. The truth is, going around putting yourself down and giving yourself a really hard time is not going to make you slimmer and it's not going to make you feel good about yourself. I understand how frustrated you are because I'm always been at the top end of a healthy BMI too. I have a cousin who my family all think is beautiful (And of course they always go on about it), she was going to be a model also. But it's not all about looks and once I realised that she was just as normal as me and she ate like me and behaved exactly as I did, I stopped seeing her as this ridiculous unattainable comparison. If you make yourself a realistic eating plan and excersize everyday for 30minutes then you will loose weight. Even if you miss out a day or two excercising or decide to have a chocolate bar on one day you will still loose weight. What I suggest is that you pick a day (Say... tuesday?) and every tuesday you weight yourself and make a note of your weight. Buy some reliable scales and if you can't use the ones you find in places like Boots. It's about changing your eating habits and being more possitive about who you are. Because there is far more to you than just what size jeans you wear. Cheer up and find something else to focus your time on.
Reply 65
If you don't like being FAT, you should try being NTFS.

:awesome:
saoirse
Did you not have a stunning black and white photo of a girl with some tattoos in your sig a while back? Was that not you?...If it was you are soooo far from being an ugly blob!

Haha I wish that was me but no, I just liked the photo :p:
SunIllusions
Maybe I should just accept God wants me to be fat. I'm surprised no one came to that conclusion before I did.

YOU ARE NOT FAT

sorry to make it so damn large but thick skulled idiots like you wouldnt read it otherwise.

Your not looking for advice - your on here to bitch and whine because your jealous of your sister. You need to lose weight in your head not in actuality. It doesnt matter what anyone says your simply going to argue it down so you can say "im fat"
whitepearlbaby
Well that scientific beauty thing said my face is too long, my ears are too short and my nose is too wide :p:

and your eyes are amazing
You are not fat!
overweight? Yeah, possible.
Chubby? Probably.

If you really want to loose weight,
get a better diet and get more exercises.
You might think that you are doing your best, but obviously you are not. Loosing weight really isn't "that" hard if you do it right.
Go talk to a dietist if you really don't know how.

And seriously, shut up about being FAT.
You don't know **** about being fat.
SunIllusions

********. I've never put my picture up on this site or ever linked any pictures of me to TSR so don't try and plump up my confidence with ********. Otherwise, thanks for the advice.

Sorry. I keep getting confused. Must have been high on something yesterday. But anyway, I doubt your fat and disgusting

THIS IS FAT AND DISGUSTING

I doubt you look like that.

Oh, and the advice I gave you is the French Paradox. It's sure to shift a few pounds off without going to the gym every day!
Reply 71
People don't seem to understand that I've already worked hard to lose weight, I've done the whole preparing my own meals, focusing on willpower, be positive, it will work, weighing myself everyday, making progress charts, progress pictures, joining forums for inspiration, making myself keep going even when I want to fall over and be sick and so on but the point is it doesn't work. I don't loose weight properly. I stay around the same weight once I hit it and that's the end of. I'm upset because I'm never going to be comparable to everyone else in my family no matter how hard I try, I'm not even going to have the body I want. I'm not just trying to lose a few pounds and get the odd 'you've lost some weight' comments. I don't see why it should be as hard as wanting to throw myself into a wall everyday mainly because no one ever sees any progress because the fact is there rarely is any despite my efforts.

And I mentioned this earlier but I've seen doctors about it a few times now and they just tell me to exercise more and eat healthily. They don't seem to know anything about proper body fat loss.

How am I meant to accept myself when my family tell me and look at me like I'm disgusting, and even everyone else including my friends compares me to them and wonders why I got the short end of the stick. Try living in a family of models and then you can criticise my warped perceptions.
Reply 72
nuodai
If you don't like being FAT, you should try being NTFS.

:awesome:

Oh, you. :awesome:
SunIllusions
People don't seem to understand that I've already worked hard to lose weight, I've done the whole preparing my own meals, focusing on willpower, be positive, it will work, weighing myself everyday, making progress charts, progress pictures, joining forums for inspiration, making myself keep going even when I want to fall over and be sick and so on but the point is it doesn't work. I don't loose weight properly. I stay around the same weight once I hit it and that's the end of. I'm upset because I'm never going to be comparable to everyone else in my family no matter how hard I try, I'm not even going to have the body I want. I'm not just trying to lose a few pounds and get the odd 'you've lost some weight' comments. I don't see why it should be as hard as wanting to throw myself into a wall everyday mainly because no one ever sees any progress because the fact is there rarely is any despite my efforts.

And I mentioned this earlier but I've seen doctors about it a few times now and they just tell me to exercise more and eat healthily. They don't seem to know anything about proper body fat loss.

How am I meant to accept myself when my family tell me and look at me like I'm disgusting, and even everyone else including my friends compares me to them and wonders why I got the short end of the stick. Try living in a family of models and then you can criticise my warped perceptions.

Of course you aren't going to notice results if you weigh yourself everyday. You need to reduce it to once a week MAX but preferably less (like every 2 weeks). Remember that at your weight, it is going to come off slowly, and that IS the best way. So you really shouldn't expect more than 1lb a week.
I agree with what someone else said. Perhaps go to Boots and do a body fat test thing every fortnight.
I know it's frustrating but patience is the only way.
How the **** is size 12 flabby?

It sounds like the real problem is your perception of yourself and those around you, not your weight. I would recommend a visit to your school counsellor, not the gym/dietician.
Reply 75
SunIllusions

Looks to me like this is the important issue, not calories or exercise.
Reply 76
Doesn't sound like an issue with your weight, but something deeper to me.
Reply 77
HI I understand ur pain iam 20 yrs old i wear a size 6 . I have been dieting as long as i can remember and people have been teling me tht im fat as long as i can remember. I know its hard i did it all to there have been time i just wana kill my self n end the sufring and be done with it other times i get up n work out . I think its bul**** when people say oo losing weight is simple biology eat lessn work out ......... yeah right at times it takes forever to loose a pound i have been working eery single day for 2 months n i havnt lost a pound ..
wht i really wnaa say is these people who put u down n say its ur falt dont listen to those ediots only u knwo how hard ur trying .... but dont ever give up because no matter wht anyne says if ur not comfortabel or happy with ur weight it will eat u in the inside n hurt like hell ... Dont give up i hope some thing works for u.. I wish u luck
Reply 78
Original post by SunIllusions

That would indeed be tough on your self-esteem. Most girls who dance have amazing physiques, way better than the average girl. Maybe this is the problem...you're comparing yourself to people who "dance and model" but these fields are made up of extremely attractive people by default.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending