The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
when i did gcses in 2005 my friend was only 1 of 3 to get an A* (and most people in my set were predicted an A*) she wrote 11 pages. they say its quality not quantity, but how many pages it takes you to produce a good argument seems to matter less at gcse, eg i don't remember any of the GCSE coursework I did having a word limit so you could hand in a project of over 100 pages for IT or geography, that probably would get you an A*!
AMAsankey
I sat my Lit exam a few days ago, and I hope I achieved an A*. I just wanted to know how much those of you who got an A* in English Literature wrote. I know its quality over quantity, but I still would like to know.

I wrote 11 1/2 pages.
I wrote 11 pages, my friend is so weird, she kept on telling me she wrote about 5/6 for one poem, then 5/6 for another poem then 6 pages for the novel... you should of seen the look on her face when i said the whole booklet is 12 pages. And i know she didn't have any extra sheets.. :lolwut:
Reply 4
I did 3 pages for prose and 3 and a half for poetry
8 pages, and my writing is quite small. :proud:
Reply 6
3.5 pages for Of Mice and Men and 4 pages for Poetry...didn't finish either essay though...
I wrote 5 pages for of mice and men and 6 pages for Poems.

Everyone else in my year wrote like 3/4 all together :blush:
Reply 8
How do people write so ******* much.

I wrote about a page for a plan for my poetry then 2 and a half pages for my answer and a half page plan for prose and 2 pages roughly for my answer. Im on OCR 1 h 30 paper btw.
Reply 9
I wrote about 7 pages and my writing is medium to large sized. I came away with an A* on that paper.
I wrote around 10 pages and had an A* x
Reply 11
wooa... you guys wrote soo much!!
I did 2 1/2 for TKAM and 4 for the poetry... I wrote about the same amount for my mock and got a few marks off an A*
wow you guys write too much :p: i only wrote 3 pages lool in my exam
I wrote about 7.5 pages in total - 3 for the first section (Lord of the Flies) and 4.5 for the second (poetry). It's definitely quality not quantity, and even if you don't finish or include all the points that you wanted to, the examiners will be able to assess you from what response you have already given.

I'm just hoping mine was quality, as I'm aiming for an A/A*!
Reply 14
well, I just hope my 7 pages gets me the A*
Reply 15
for the prose section, i got a bit carried away in making sure i did really well and did 6 pages on to kill a mockingbird, worth 27 marks. i realise now this was a dumbass move, as i then only had about 40 minutes for the poetry part of the exam and writ about 4 pages for that, even though it was worth 9 more marks than the prose section. oh well, im hoping my answer on to kill a mockingbird will equal out any marks i lose on from the poetry part and i now know time planning is so crucial.
Reply 16
i wrote roughly 2 pages for my Of Mice And Men essays, 3 pages for my Blood Brothers essays and a page for my poem.. :smile: 2 and a half hours later... all done.. i dont think i got an a for it, but i argued my point and quoted well..
Reply 17
I have all A*'s in my courseworks, so do any of you know exactly what grade I would need to get in this exam to get an A* overall
Reply 18
well, I wrote 21 pages.

6 on Animal Farm, 7 on poetry and 8 on Our Town.
Reply 19
mfc20
How do people write so ******* much.

I wrote about a page for a plan for my poetry then 2 and a half pages for my answer and a half page plan for prose and 2 pages roughly for my answer. Im on OCR 1 h 30 paper btw.

Don't worry mate, they do a different board. Most people do AQA and others, OCR GCSE english lit is fairly rare round here (or so it seems). WE have 3 essays, and they have two.

I wrote around 2 and a 1/3 pages for each, so around 7 in total.

Latest

Trending

Trending