The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Re-sitting EC102

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think you gotta resit econb even if you pass/do well in others. But it wont count towards you're degree, however ec102 is a module that is a prerequisite to perform advanced economics courses in 2nd/3rd years, so if thats you're type then you must retake and it will count-
I think some people retake whole year cos they failed this module. That said, its hard but it not that hard to get 40%, which is a pretty pathetic way of lookin at it- but yeah
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
j-b
That said, its hard but it not that hard to get 40%, which is a pretty pathetic way of lookin at it- but yeah

Have you taken EC102??
Reply 3
the exam this morning was horrid, i never understood stiky prices in the first place :s-smilie:
The exam was terrible, i think that even if you did all the quizzes and went through the lecture slides its still hard. its not even remembering how to do it, its on a whole new level. how did others find it?
Reply 5
It was tough, not as bad as MA100 for me which I flopped badly but it was still a bitch
Reply 6
This is worrying me already!! (for next year) My fb homepage has ec102 related (negatively) statuses too.:s-smilie:
there is nothing we can do, so just leave it i guess... MA100 is one of the hardest exams as well, but ST102 should be okish..
anyone in D1? there was one girl who walked out after the second hour... i got a bit worried, i saw her answer to the last question and all i saw was ... "false".
Abercrombie&Fitch
there is nothing we can do, so just leave it i guess... MA100 is one of the hardest exams as well, but ST102 should be okish..
anyone in D1? there was one girl who walked out after the second hour... i got a bit worried, i saw her answer to the last question and all i saw was ... "false".

Oh dear it must have been bad for her :s-smilie:

panda-size

the exam this morning was horrid, i never understood stiky prices in the first place :

That was what made the exam hard. Section B was difficult and I had to guess the answers. I agree about the sticky prices thing it kept coming up and I wish I understood it in the first place as maybe I could have done some of the AD/AS sticky prices questions

Im also disappointed with the revision lectures as it doesn't seem to have a proper reflection of what is going to be on the exam and it is a shame as had they have asked more of the stuff that is similar to the revision lecture questions I might have a bit more confidence that I have passed

For me this is gonna be my hardest exam which is now out of the way. MA107 and ST107 is not gonna be too difficult, PH103 and SA100 is just about learning the stuff
Well I'm gonna be failing LL278 tomorrow so I guess re-sits all round next year! :biggrin:
Reply 10
Abercrombie&Fitch

Lol what? I was in D5 and the same thing happened - after about 40 minutes some guy walked off :biggrin:
omg people walking out, even if i didnt know i would still try and waffle on the section c. and i would try and guess section A and B through eliminating the ones that are obviously wrong... lets protest :P
Reply 12
Dont fret. Last year I did it and I was convinced that I failed. I genuinely didnt see where I could get the marks from. They must have scaled it up because I managed to almost get a 2:1. There were quite a few other people that i knew in the same scenario and they genuinely thought they failed. There are people who just say they think they did awful, but they know secretly they did fine. This was not the case here, especially for me. I couldnt all of June because I thought i would have to resit that exam, and perhaps even the year but then I got the result and was elated.

Just make sure you do great on your other three subjects. You guys will be fine.

P.S. is Alwyn Young still lecturing? I'm sure he's a great guy and he is very funny (although he reminds me of the bad guy from Heroes) but I hate him for making me (and about 90% of the rest of us) suffer last year!
i heard that alwyn young is leaving lse, is that true?
Reply 14
alwyn young is such a genius
SamLowry
Dont fret. Last year I did it and I was convinced that I failed. I genuinely didnt see where I could get the marks from. They must have scaled it up because I managed to almost get a 2:1. There were quite a few other people that i knew in the same scenario and they genuinely thought they failed. There are people who just say they think they did awful, but they know secretly they did fine. This was not the case here, especially for me. I couldnt all of June because I thought i would have to resit that exam, and perhaps even the year but then I got the result and was elated.

Just make sure you do great on your other three subjects. You guys will be fine.

P.S. is Alwyn Young still lecturing? I'm sure he's a great guy and he is very funny (although he reminds me of the bad guy from Heroes) but I hate him for making me (and about 90% of the rest of us) suffer last year!

do you think that since EC102 is kind of LSE's flagship module and that literally everyone doing the module without choice they have purposely made it difficult? i mean you said that you though that you failed, but you didn't, but you speak of its difficulty and word spreads it makes the people at LSE look elite?

have you guys seen past papers? do you think you could do those ones??
Reply 16
What did people get for the dominant strategy question in Section B?
Reply 17
I put no dominant strategy for both, but that seemed too easy to get 6 marks, so I'm pretty sure I got it wrong...
i put no dominant strategy as well, because i though that each person was going to try and maximise their payoff by choose the one with the highest payoff if they both got the same, and the other person would never choose that strategy because they would get a negative payoff.
Section B is unfair. 36 marks for 12 alphabets, and this year was wayyy harder than last year. I hope there is scaling - sticky prices screwed a lot of people up - people focused on the solow and didnt do jack for sticky prices, and bam, we get screwed.

I got 'no dominant' for both as well, and am pretty certain thats right. Apart from that, not certain about anything in section B. Guessed around 6 of them, worked the others out, dunno how successfully... Even Section A was ambiguous to the max, and Section C - **** sticky prices.

LSE exams are a bitch, the work isnt too bad, but the exams, you need to know your stuff pretty damn well...

Quick Reply

Latest