The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
i hated this paper!

i did like some of the working out of the logarithms and then got stuck! so i hope i can get like a few method marks there!

i missed out a question by accident on how many roots because i was rushing

i thought this would be easy and i was prepared i hope they lower the grade boundries and i scrape an A
Reply 141
Ejit
:smile:

And was there only one real root for the cubic equation, because the discriminant for the quadratic was negative?

Also, can you have a remainder of -10???

oh and for the second trig q. i put 30 and 150 :frown:, i'm an idiot.

as far as i can remember 30 and 150 (2nd trig question) was what i got along with 90
and im sure there right.
Reply 142
Unbelieveably hard! I hated questions 2,3,5ii
Reply 143
luke_1992
Unbelieveably hard! I hated questions 2,3,5ii

i did then i started over and did them nicely :smile:
perseverance is the key to hard maths exams :smile:
Reply 144
amysz
oh no my bad i did halve them!! so it was 15 and 75 right?
i SO almost forgot to do it in the exam :|

yes you had to half them as it was sin2x so it was 15 and 75
Reply 145
Andylol
For the Trapezium question, I got sqrt k as 3 or 5, so k must be 9 or 25. But when I subbed it into the equation it only worked for 9 and not 25, so it had to be 9 :smile:

Also, that 3rd question was solid (7x=2x+17^x = 2^{x+1})! I used so many methods to work it out but still got x as 1.81 - which is completely wrong, that was some shizz!

Stumped me for a while but this is how i did it.

xlog7=x+1log2
xlog(2^2.8)=x+1log2
2.8xlog2=x+1log2

2.8x=x+1
1.8x=1
x=0.555 ~ or there abouts.

Last question I did the psuedo quadratic making k=k^2 when it should have been k^0.5 therefore after doing it at home k=9

formula for k is 1+k+2k^0.5

duh

Only one I got wrong.

Equation of line was x^3+2x+5=y If i remember correctly. Checked for both co ordinates it worked. (-1,2)(2,17) try it.

32 was perimeter.

Never went above 150cm^2

Angle was 114.5 if i can remember.

Remainder was -10

the 8 marker took me for ever but I got it. I think I will have 90+%

Most of mine agree with here
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=913533
Reply 146
I'm not going to worry myself by waiting on here any longer.

I got the logs question where you had to show something x = 2 + log(5) k or something wrong. But its still possible that the others are all right. I'll wait til Mr M comes on :smile:
elliot22
I'm not going to worry myself by waiting on here any longer.

I got the logs question where you had to show something x = 2 + log(5) k or something wrong. But its still possible that the others are all right. I'll wait til Mr M comes on :smile:

The answers are already up on the Maths Exams sub-forum.
raj_mostwanted
guys i did like every single pastpaper for this CORE 2 but i think it was the hardest paper ,,,, does any1 think that grade bounderies should become lower for this paper i knw i lost abt 18 marks garunteeed

I agree, it was easily the hardest C2 paper I've solved.
definite_maybe
:frown: I got something like 2750.

I got 2750. Then I wasn't sure so I added it up the long way and it still came to 2750.:smile:
:frown:((( for question 6 i misread the question as dy/dx = 2x^2+a (instead of 3x^2 +a)
so integrated that and found a and c values arghhhh i feel so stupid!
how many of the 8 marks (if any) will i get ???
Reply 151
This was my 3rd attempt at the C2 exam and this one was the hardest by miles, what a farce! :mad:
Reply 152
I really need your help and advice guys and MR M!!

Basically, in that paper for question 2)i) were we had to find the value of "a" and "c", instead of me writing the correct equation which was "a+9d=2(a+3d) I put "2(a+9d)=a+3d" then from there I went on to get a different value for "a" and "c". I didn't really feel that i made mistake at that time because even though using that equation I got sensible whole number answers. So my question is as follows.. Will I get any marks at all??, The problem is that I got the concept right but the wrong way round:frown:

The major problem now is that then i went on to answer the other part of question 2 [2)ii)] using the values of "a" and "c" that i worked out earlier. So again i got the concept perfectly right but ended with a wrong answer because i got the wrong numbers in the previous question. So again for this part of the question, would i get any marks at all???

Thanks to all in advance:smile:
Andylol
Can someone go through how they did 7x=2x+17^x = 2^{x+1}

That was the only question on the paper that I was totally stuck on, not a clue! Got x to be 1.81 ¬_¬

ooooh i really liked that question actually :biggrin: i'll have another go at it now-

7x=22x[br][br]log7x=log(22x)[br][br]xlog7=log2+xlog2[br][br]xlog7xlog2=log2[br][br]x(log7log2)=log2[br][br]x=log2/(log7log2)7^x = 2 * 2^x[br][br]log7^x = log (2 * 2^x)[br][br]xlog7= log2 + xlog2[br][br]xlog7 - xlog2 = log2[br][br]x(log7 - log2) = log2[br][br]x = log2/(log7 - log2)
Reply 154
Mr M, what are usually the grade boundaries for a grade A in C2, and you personally do you think that they will be lowered this year??
The_wise
Mr M, what are usually the grade boundaries for a grade A in C2, and you personally do you think that they will be lowered this year??

Hi I replied to this question in the other thread.

For anyone who is looking I posted the answers in the other thread.

You might want to let this one drop down the list and use the other one.
Reply 156
ssj786
as far as i can remember 30 and 150 (2nd trig question) was what i got along with 90
and im sure there right.

Wrong, you forgot to half them

Was quite a hard paper, but nothing out of the ordinary was asked
Even the C1 which was done was a tough one compared to all the past papers.

I heard in the news that since exams are getting easier now they started to make them harder.

the summation question in the C2 paper was 1270 or somewhere around that.

Latest

Trending

Trending