The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Guitar shops in Southampton?

Hi guys!

I'm at Soton uni, but don't really know anywhere other than the high street very well and I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could pick up an acoustic guitar? I doesn't necessarily have to be brand new, but I'd like to have a look around in a few shops to see what's available!

Thanks!
Reply 1
There's a massive music shop not far from Debenhams (behind Primark).
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
=nuke=
There's a massive music shop not far from Debenhams (behind Primark).
That closed recently. You're referring to the one next to the big roundabout, right?
Reply 3
Yeah. Shocking.
I liked it as well... :frown:
Reply 5
Oh, that's a shame! Thanks anyway. Do you know of any others around Southampton?
The only other place I know is this little shop on Portswood Road. The front window has a few acoustic and electric guitars, as well as mobile phones :s-smilie: I'm sure there are other, better ones in Soton though (West Quay must have a music shop!).
Reply 7
OK, cool - I'll check out that little shop in Portswood! Surprisingly, no music shops in West Quay (unless they're extremely well hidden!)

You know the one that closed? Do you remember the name of it? I've googled music shops in Southampton, and there's one on St Mary's Road called Digital Village Audio Warehouse or something - I just don't want to trek down there to find it doesn't exist anymore!
catalyst**
OK, cool - I'll check out that little shop in Portswood! Surprisingly, no music shops in West Quay (unless they're extremely well hidden!)

You know the one that closed? Do you remember the name of it? I've googled music shops in Southampton, and there's one on St Mary's Road called Digital Village Audio Warehouse or something - I just don't want to trek down there to find it doesn't exist anymore!
Hmm... I can't remember, but it used to be here.
Reply 9
No, that's not the one I was thinking of, so perhaps it's still there...

Not to worry though, I found another good music shop in Shirley though, just 25 minutes walk from small halls. It's called Fret Music, and they were really helpful - they do brilliant student discounts if anyone's interested! I saved quite a bit on my new Crafter, and they threw in a few freebies too! :smile:
There is a good guitar shop just behind the Southampton Central Train Station. I think it's called "The Guitar Store" but not 100%. The sign outside has been made to look like the top part of an amp, with the volume, equalizers etc. It's pretty good and has a lot of guitars in it, and the people in there are friendly. Give it a shot.
That one by the roundabout was called Sound Control - they are/were a large chain
Reply 12
Ratchet1010
There is a good guitar shop just behind the Southampton Central Train Station. I think it's called "The Guitar Store" but not 100%. The sign outside has been made to look like the top part of an amp, with the volume, equalizers etc. It's pretty good and has a lot of guitars in it, and the people in there are friendly. Give it a shot.
THere's 3 music shops on the north side ofthe train station. The acoustic guitar store, the electric guitar store and the drum store :smile: you can get to the station on the u1 bus which stops on the south side of the station
Reply 13
Theres one just off of Shirley High Street, about a 15 min wlk from the Tran Station . Its called Fret Music, http://www.fretmusic.co.uk/.
Original post by Mustard-man
That closed recently. You're referring to the one next to the big roundabout, right?

Are you talking about the one with the like 10 metre long guitar in the window?

Quick Reply

Latest