The Student Room Group
Most unis let you apply for more than one course (i applied for three at bristol and got offers for all)

HOWEVER, Oxbridge is different and you can only apply to one course at Oxford (OR Cambridge)

So no you can't apply for med and natural Sciences at Oxford, but you could apply for both at a different uni (except Cambridge)
Medicine: 4 choices (NOT including Oxbridge)
Non-Medical Choice: Oxbridge

Would the above be allowed?
Reply 3
terms-and-conditions
Medicine: 4 choices (NOT including Oxbridge)
Non-Medical Choice: Oxbridge

Would the above be allowed?
Theoretically, yes, but you'd have a heck of a job convincing Oxbridge that you weren't applying there for all the wrong reasons. You would be insane not to submit a medicine-based PS on your UCAS, which then leaves you with the problem of making a credible case for the course you picked at Oxford/Cambridge - although you do get to submit supplementary information they would still see your PS for Medicine.
Minerva
Theoretically, yes, but you'd have a heck of a job convincing Oxbridge that you weren't applying there for all the wrong reasons. You would be insane not to submit a medicine-based PS on your UCAS, which then leaves you with the problem of making a credible case for the course you picked at Oxford/Cambridge - although you do get to submit supplementary information they would still see your PS for Medicine.

I don't plan to do this, it's just something I've wondered. :wink:
Reply 5
Unis can see which course you've applied to at their uni. So if you apply to Medicine and Adventure Studies at the same uni, they will be able to see this. They won't be able to see what you have applied to at other unis though, until later.
Some universities have policies where you will only be given a maximum of 2 or 3 offers for the university. So although yes, you can apply for 5 courses if you really want they will only give out a maximum of 2 or 3 offers which makes applying for more courses than the maximum numbers of offers you're allowed slightly pointless and a waste of space on your application form. Check this out with the universities you're interested in before you apply. Edinburgh's Humanities and Social Science College for example, has a policy of only giving 2 offers per person.

Latest

Trending

Trending