The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Veggiechic
This is not healthy! Eggs are high in colestrol, unless you're eating only the whites, I wouldn't have more than a couple a week.
Going veggie for the hell of it is a bit pointless and you'll struggle to stick to it. You could google a veggie diet to verse yourself in the benefits (there's plenty!)
There are no nutrients that can only be obtained from meat. I was vegan for 2 1/2 years and read a lot of literature about veganism. As long as the diet is balanced, it's a myth that you'll be lacking in vitamins. I was perfectly healthy during the time.
If you want a healthy veggie diet, eat lot of fruit and veg, some dairy and plenty of wholegrain foods like brown rice, pasta, cereal and brown bread. Plenty of water.... and you're done. Good luck

And another dumb one!
Dietary cholesterol is not bad for you, saturated, trans and hydrogonated fat are what cause the problem.
Veggiechic
This is not healthy! Eggs are high in colestrol, unless you're eating only the whites, I wouldn't have more than a couple a week.

BS. Please read this before you bother to comment further, it's already been mentioned more than once now.

Veggiechic
Going veggie for the hell of it is a bit pointless and you'll struggle to stick to it. You could google a veggie diet to verse yourself in the benefits (there's plenty!)

There is little or no benefit over a healthy, balanced, varied omnivorous diet. The fact that most if not all of the longest living societies in the world are omnivores speaks for itself.

Veggiechic
There are no nutrients that can only be obtained from meat.

Actually vitamin B12 can't be gained from truly vegan food which is why many food manufacturers actually fortify their foods with vitamin B12.

Even the Vegan Society acknowledges that most if not all vegan foods are low or completely deficient in B12 and recommends that vegans supplement their diet with B12 (especially those that are pregnant).
Powerlifter
And another dumb one!
Dietary cholesterol is not bad for you, saturated, trans and hydrogonated fat are what cause the problem.

Maybe but eating the amount of eggs a day that OP is posting can't be good for you. Eggs still have a certain amount of fat- I think it's about 8g per medium sized egg so if OP eats 10-20 a day they're exceeding the RDA fat intake.

And there's no need to be rude when making your point. It's a common thing to say about eggs and cholestrol, it's what people are usually taught.
hayley99x
yes, and he's have 21 tins of sardenes a week!

What? Are you drunk?
Reply 24
WTF?

You CANNOT eat that many eggs a day

Are you serious?
Veggiechic
Maybe but eating the amount of eggs a day that OP is posting can't be good for you. Eggs still have a certain amount of fat- I think it's about 8g per medium sized egg so if OP eats 10-20 a day they're exceeding the RDA fat intake.

And there's no need to be rude when making your point. It's a common thing to say about eggs and cholestrol, it's what people are usually taught.

Well I do exercise twice per day, 5 days a week.
I think high dietary fat is just a big problem for those who sit on their backside all day and count climbing the stairs and going shopping as a form of exercise.
lol i'm fairly surprised by the reaction i'm getting. Those who think 10-20 eggs per day are too much should read this:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1200/is_n15_v139/ai_10673558/
Reply 27
Powerlifter
And another dumb one!

#

So I hear LDLs are good for you, some nice hearty Atheroma in your veins is a warming thought.
Reply 28
10-20 eggs...you know, I am pro-egg but 10 eggs a day = ~60g fat of which 4g will be cholesterol. 4g is quite a lot from dietary intake...

Aside from that, just eating eggs isn't enough. Eggs do have good amino-acid profiles but it's not ideal, your body wants a diverse supply of different proteins. It's just not enough to eat a lot of one thing.

Keep it diverse, that way you will get a more complete amino-acid intake and won't get bored. And while cholesterol isn't the problem specifically (LDL, the transporter of cholesterol is) eating 10 eggs equates to around an eighth of your bodies own cholesterol production. An eighth per day, everyday, won't go unnoticed and is overkill imo.
Reply 29
From a calorie point of view, 20 eggs=1780 calories. Thats not good when you consider you'll be eating other meals on top of that too.

Also, how could anyone be arsed to eat TWENTY eggs a day? Id be sick. I guess if you scrambled them? but wooow.
diskoteck
Also, how could anyone be arsed to eat TWENTY eggs a day? Id be sick. I guess if you scrambled them? but wooow.

Drink them.
Reply 31
Smack
Drink them.

Which would make most people hurl! The smell of uncooked eggs tend to make me heave though I have pretty bad gag reflex's on smells and stuff. Dont think i could make myself drink eggs though. Suppose you could try and flavour the taste with abit of nesquick haha
Reply 32
Barton1
..... Also why exactly are you going to be a vegetarian, as for ***** and giggles it doesnt seem that funny?

LOL...+ rep
Barton1
Which would make most people hurl! The smell of uncooked eggs tend to make me heave though I have pretty bad gag reflex's on smells and stuff. Dont think i could make myself drink eggs though. Suppose you could try and flavour the taste with abit of nesquick haha

Put some milk and olive oil in it and make a shake with it.

Latest