The Student Room Group

English Culture Poems

In class we did all of cluster one and some of cluster two. I find the cluster one poems much easier to write about and can express my understanding of them more that the ones from cluster two.

I will be doing the second question regarding poetry as obviously any poem they ask about will be from cluster two. But i was just wondering, can i compare the cluster two poem with one from cluster one? Or is it best to just stick to the one cluster which shares similar themes?
I think (not sure) you have to pick one cluster or the other - you can't do both.
Reply 2
google it
We have only learnt cluster 2 at my school :?
Reply 4
You can compare any poem from cluster one with any other poem from cluster two!
Trust me, I had the same question :biggrin:
Reply 5
You can also compare the like-cluster poems which each other, sorry if I didn't make that clear :smile:
I would advise this, as there's a reason they are in the same cluster lol.
my teacher told us that we can only compare cluster one with one and two with two, but that may have just been her as cluster one is easier to compare with other cluster one poems and all we did was cluster one.
You can compare any poems from Cluster 1 and 2.
Reply 8
Our teacher said it was fine to compare poems from different clusters.
You can compare from either cluster with each other. At our school we dealt with both of the clusters like one and just went through all of them. It definately gives you more choices and scope for different answers.

Hopefully it will be a good question this year. In Novemeber we got Hurricane Hits England or What were they like as named poems. Bad Times.
We studied all from cluster 1 and only one poem from cluster 2 bu our teacher said we can compare both cluster poems together.

Latest