The Student Room Group

Edexcel History A - Grade Boundaries

Does anyone know the grade boundaries for Edexcel History A? I'd be interested in the A and A* percentages need. I realise they change every year so a good rough estimate of how much you usually need would be helpful.

Scroll to see replies

A is 70% usually, and A* is between 80 and 85% :smile:
Reply 2
yeah, it generally seems to hover around 80% (hope it won't go past 85% :smile:) for an A*
Reply 3
ourlastmemory
A is 70% usually, and A* is between 80 and 85% :smile:

Is Paper 1 worth the same amount as Paper 2? As in, are they both like the same percentage?
Reply 4
Well Coursework is worth 25% (2 pieces) and of the remaining 75%, 40% is derived from paper 1 and 35% from paper 2 - which is fair doos i guess.......
so what about the other grades?
is it B = 60% and C= 50% ?
I am pretty sure it's 74% raw marks for an A*, not around 80% which people have been saying.
Reply 7
Does anyone know how much for an A* in coursework?
Paparazzi
Does anyone know how much for an A* in coursework?

It's 90% for the coursework.
Reply 9
Overall, you need 74% raw marks to get an A*, coursework being 25% of this...If you were to get full marks on your coursework, you only need 66% in the exams to get an A*
Reply 10
Ok well I only got 84 in coursework so how much do I now need in the exam to get an A*. Thanks for all the help btw (:
Reply 11
Paparazzi
Ok well I only got 84 in coursework so how much do I now need in the exam to get an A*. Thanks for all the help btw (:

Hey, i got 83, and i worked it out to be 71% needed to get an A* so it's that or a tiny bit lower for you :beer:
Paparazzi

76%
Hmm, I seem to be working this out differently to you guys. To get an A* on the coursework you have to get 90% and on the exam paper 74%. 90% of 25 is 22.5 and 74% of 75 is 55.5 meaning the overall percentage needed for an A* is 78%.
Reply 14
You need 80% on CWK to get an A* and 75%-80% on exam.
Reply 15
D R E A M Z
Hmm, I seem to be working this out differently to you guys. To get an A* on the coursework you have to get 90% and on the exam paper 74%. 90% of 25 is 22.5 and 74% of 75 is 55.5 meaning the overall percentage needed for an A* is 78%.

Lol you lost me when numbers came into it. Idk I guess the grade boundaries flunctuate so there reallly can't be a solid number but I'm sure 80% is usually an A* in the exam?
Avacadro
You need 80% on CWK to get an A* and 75%-80% on exam.

Well, my teacher was under the impression that 90% was an A* for the coursework, but I hope you are correct :smile:
Reply 17
Usually around 75% apparently for A*.They are quite low compared to other subjects.
Reply 18
I did good in the coursework. Got Paper one coming up on wednesday and I haven't revised the 2nd topic. I haven't even started revision on Paper 2 stuffs either. damn. I really want that A* though.
Paparazzi
Lol you lost me when numbers came into it. Idk I guess the grade boundaries flunctuate so there reallly can't be a solid number but I'm sure 80% is usually an A* in the exam?

Yeah they do fluctuate a bit. If the grade boundary for the coursework is 80% and not 90%, you personally will need 73% rather than 76% in the exam for the A*. When working these things out remember to take into account the weighting of each mark :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest